Floor mat for MX5200

MacPhly

Equipment
MX5200
Mar 1, 2019
Portland, Maine, United States
I used a piece of cardboard to make a template and cut it out from a Home Depot door mat. I installed it upside down so as to not trap water between the mat and deck and so that it would not collect so much boot dirt. Its easier to clean that way. Fastened with body panel fasteners.

bota 2.jpg
bota 3.jpg

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not bad. I need one for my new / used M9 OS. Might give that a whirl.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Looks Great!
Let us know how it holds up.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I used a piece of cardboard to make a template and cut it out from a Home Depot door mat. I installed it upside down so as to not trap water between the mat and deck and so that it would not collect so much boot dirt. Its easier to clean that way. Fastened with body panel fasteners.

View attachment 42615
View attachment 42616
If you want to sell one of these I'm interested I'm sure it would fit our MX5800.

:)

TractorDr

Equipment
mx5200
Jan 1, 2020
Quarryville, PA
Great idea and looks professional. I might give that a try. I assume you meant to say "floor" mat and not "door" mat?

Did you notice that the new MX5400' s come with a platform mat on them? This means if you wanted to buy the "Kubota" version from the Parts Dept. it'd be available. They didn't change anything on the platform so it would fit an MX4800, 5200, 5800 perfectly.

TD

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I ponied up the cost of an OEM mat. It was $135.00 at my friendly dealer and I guess he felt bad and didn't mark it up at all (but then I get everything there anyway). Mine came with the push pins and fits perfect (naturally). It's very heavy weight. Worth 135 bucks, probably not but I really don't have the time to fiddle with cutting one out and fitting it.

it's only money....:D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flip, you say "I really don't have the time to fiddle with cutting one out and fitting it."

Too cold in the barn, or too buys waiting for snow to fall?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip, you say "I really don't have the time to fiddle with cutting one out and fitting it."

Too cold in the barn, or too buys waiting for snow to fall?
Actually neither. I replaced it this last summer and I wanted the OEM mat and bought it. Has a nice 'Kubota' logo imprinted on each side too.

I thought the price was a bit steep but after the 175 buck tie rod end, it wasn't sticker shock.

Snow ifs falling right now btw. Might be plow time tomorrow. Hopefully not though. Gotta be more than 5" before I plow, preferably 10....:)

All goes against farm profit on the income tax anyway and I need all I can get. I hate paying Uncle Sam. he already gets his 'pound of flesh' from us.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Cannot wait to see the damages on the open station, it's at the dealer (and has been for just about a month now). Getting the overhead run, checking the injector spray pattern, replacing the front gear case seal, replacing the upper left hand outboard planetary bushing and seal, getting the dented hood (I didn't do it the previous owner did) fixed and painted and decals replaced, setting the PTO output to at least 83 ponies and replacing the multi function switch because the previous owner must have let it sit outside a lot and the switch is wonky, oh, and replacing the upper bushing on the steering wheel too.

Wife figures 3 grand, I hope less. Keith (the owner of the Kubota place I deal with) wanted it over the winter when they are slow and that was good with me. It would just be sitting in the barn anyway. Gonna stop in and give him a grand on Tuesday, on account. Inside his nice warm shop in the corner and my shooting buddy Dennis, who is also his lead tech is working on it.

Almost forget, a new grill too. The previous owner cracked it when he rolled a bale out of the FEL and it came down on the hood and dented it. I bet he crapped his drawers too.....:eek: Dennis said he could 'fix' the old one. Told him to order a new one, it's only money and the tractor, because it a pre 4 unit is worth it. it's an expense and if I have another good year, I'll need it.

Just sold all the rounds in the barn I had left. One shot. Gotta load them up later in the week. Guy is coming by with a flat bed semi. Paid up front too. Life is good. Comes in, goes out and a little bit left for me and the wife.