rear work lights, adding an on-off-on switch

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have a B2650 cab with rear work lights, factory on/off switch.

I want to add a switch to the HST pedal to automatically activate the rear lights when I go in reverse and still retain the always on option.

I have the pedal switch and a 7 pin on/off/on switch but am having a mental block on wiring it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EBR0U5I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Did I get the correct switch?

Any help appreciated.

This is the pedal switch:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D05YHQO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

techcrewkevin

Equipment
Kubota - my fathers, not mine. Always looking for ways to help improve it.
Feb 16, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I would wire the reverse switch in parallel with the on off switch. This would mean the rear lights would come on even if the switch is off.

Is this what you are looking to do?

Sent from my new phone. Autocorrect may have changed stuff.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Up position, on the switch activates the lights for continual on(factory position).

Down position, on the switch, would only come on when a pedal mounted switch is activated by reverse.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
You're over thinking the problem. If you want to activate the light when you depress the reverse pedal you'll need some kind of switch for the pedal to activate. This can be a micro switch, a reed switch, or whatever. You'll want it wired in parallel with the dash switch. This will give an either / or type function. If either switch is activated the light goes on. Both need only be SPST switches, nothing fancy.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have a 7 pin switch, but I am realizing I only need 4 pins. Just can't find a 4 pin orange SPDT.

Pin 7 is ground.

Power into 4 on rocker switch and jumper out to pedal switch common terminal.

N/C from pedal switch to rocker switch terminal 6.

Terminal 5 on rocker switch to lights.

Switch up and it closes 4 to 5 and lights are always on.

Switch down and it sends power to the pedal switch. Only when pedal switch makes/closes in reverse does power come to terminal 6 and out on terminal 5 to lights.

Terminals 1,2 and 3 unused for this scenario.