Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

What? It's warm and it's soft, and he doesn't seem to mind...

(She was made to understand that sitting on the dog was a no-no.)
Awwww... bring her on over and we'll let her ride Logan, 30 Inches tall, 150+ pound, Timber Wolf/ Anatolian shepherd, he'd love it! :D

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Chrichton (the dawg) will put up with about anything from Mistress Izzy, but they're teaching her to be gentle with the puppies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
In my experience (retired letter carrier) 99% of the pets I've met over the years tend to take on they're parents disposition which tells me we have pretty some awesome pet owners on this forum.:D:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
In my experience (retired letter carrier) 99% of the pets I've met over the years tend to take on they're parents disposition which tells me we have pretty some awesome pet owners on this forum.:D:D
I've found that statement to be so true. Just in the places I've visited that have animals.

The odd case though is when someone has a pooch that has a high drive (herding dog, working breed, really smart breeds) and not giving the them a job.

Old renters next door had a couple mini ausies that tried to herd anyone or anything. Dogs almost got punted when I went to the mail box and they decided I needed to be somewhere else [emoji14] I was in shorts and flip flops. Nothing like an ankle biter nipping at your ankles.

After a talk with the owners, they decided on obedience training, and agility training. Working with the dog 15 minutes a few times a day settled them down considerably.

Gypsy was the same way as a pup till puppy school. She settled down on the herding. Then really came in to her own when we took her to a proper trainer instead of the pet store trainers.

This is Calvin, the trainer we used. Gypsy was in for obedience so the stuff in the video was actually her distractions :D

https://youtu.be/VU9NhKkQj0Q

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
True, I used to have a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and if he (Jake) wasn't worked daily it was like living with a bad 2 year old kid, he got into everything, I used to take him to a park that had a road (trail) alone the lake. As we got to the beginning of the wooded area I would make him sit and stay while Nick (my beagle) and I would go on ahead. When we were far out of sight I would pick up a stick and rub my hands over it then throw it as far as I could into the woods. Sometimes people with their dogs would come walking along and tell me there is a dog sitting out the road and he won't move. With that I would blow a sharp whistle and we would wait for him to come then with only hand signals and the whistle I could guide him close to the area where I had thrown the stick and then tell him to hunt it up which he never failed to find. He ended up having a bit of a fan club that would show up to watch him work.

Also it's funny the misconceptions that some people have about certain breeds. My wife and I and Moe (my beagle) were visiting my mother when she was in a home before she passed and my wife had to go to the washroom so I sat on a bench waiting for her. Along walked this middle aged lady and before she even got close she said oh my what a beautiful beagle but he does have that beagle smell to him doesn't he which left me thinking to myself I was wish my dogs noise was as good as hers to be able to smell something from that distance. Moe actually sleeps in bed with us and is well groomed so he doesn't smell any different then any other dog that is well looked after. I've also had many people stop and tell me that beagles are diggers, well yes they can be but like us humans they are what their taught so once you teach them and give them a job at a young age that's no longer a problem. Now if humans were only that easy to train the world would be a better place.:rolleyes: Sorry for being so long winded, I got up too early.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
A happy ending

Tyler O***8217;Neil of Sydney has an affectionate moment with his dogs Dexter, left, a pit bull and Nina, a shepherd mix, while out for a walk on Vulcan Avenue in Sydney on Wednesday. O***8217;Neil said he adopted the dogs from the Relinquished Souls Animal Rescue Society in Amherst, N.S., which rescues dogs from kill shelters in Texas and dedicates their time to finding good homes for them. O***8217;Neil said he went to Amherst to adopt Dexter and then discovered Dexter had bonded deeply with Nina at the shelter ***8212; where the two dogs had been together for two months ***8212; and couldn***8217;t bear to separate them, so he adopted them both. O***8217;Neil says they are great dogs.

https://i.prcdn.co/img?regionKey=jsVaqhdnglSbPvJs8V7n+Q==

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
My big guy is feeling colicky, but after a nasogastric tube and a 5 gal pail of electrolytes is interested in nibbling some hay. Fingers crossed. I wondered what the barn cats did in the middle of the night. I saw the cat leap for his back off the ledge out of the corner of my eye, and the horse didn't bat an eye so must be a regular occurrence.

Attachments

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
My big guy is feeling colicky, but after a nasogastric tube and a 5 gal pail of electrolytes is interested in nibbling some hay. Fingers crossed. I wondered what the barn cats did in the middle of the night. I saw the cat leap for his back off the ledge out of the corner of my eye, and the horse didn't bat an eye so must be a regular occurrence.
Great news sheepfarmer, two good looking kids right there. I would almost bet those two are the best of friends.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Probably starts needing with his paw and the horse gets a back rub out of it :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The Kid has her first filly on the ground 4 whites sock and a crescent moon blaze on her forehead,,, only 5 more mares to go ,,, foal watch is so much fun :D

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Great-granddaughter Izzy and her Faithful Companion, Chrichton. That big ol' dog is putty in her hands.

She was less impressed with a litter of puppies. They don't mind very well... :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Me: “Ollie, we need to shut down the pellet stove (AKA, The Dragon), so I can clean it....”

Ollie: “WTF DAD?!?!”

Fast forward 45 minutes.....

“Reunited, and it feels so good....”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My black lab would lay in front of the fireplace and I use to wonder why the heck he didnt burst in to flames his fur got so hot

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My black lab would lay in front of the fireplace and I use to wonder why the heck he didnt burst in to flames his fur got so hot
My shepherd is hot natured. She looks at me like I bumped my head when I fire up the wood stove. She then heads for the corner behind my chair where it's cooler.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock

Our old cat does the same thing.

Wood Stove is on the basement/raised ranch level and she lays on the warm cement floor staring at the fire.
My Shepherds... yeah, they like it cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Speaking of a litter of puppies...
My old boy is 11 and has degenerative myelopathy... and is dragging his back toes .... I got him wearing booties when he goes outside and he’s doing really well with them.

But we really don’t know how long he’s going to last.
So we have a new male puppy coming
Should be here mid March. Hopefully it will be a three dog household for a while.

Here’s a few pictures of the pups at five weeks.
We have second pick for a male.
(6 males available)

Hopefully these pictures don’t come out gigantic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro