Deere Loader on Kubota Tractor

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Anybody ever heard of putting a JD loader on a Kubota tractor? I'm wondering how difficult the modification would be to do so.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Anybody ever heard of putting a JD loader on a Kubota tractor? I'm wondering how difficult the modification would be to do so.
Same amount of work as any other loader that wasn't made for your tractor.

Make subframe
Make / adapt mounts
Attach hydraulics.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Don't forget the expensive anti-rejection drugs the Kubota will need to take for the rest of its life.

Greg8352

Equipment
L245dt
Feb 6, 2020
Covington Ohio
Sell what you have, buy what you want. Same goes for adding 4x4 to your 2 wheel truck. Even if you have the shop and the ability.

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Sell what you have, buy what you want. Same goes for adding 4x4 to your 2 wheel truck. Even if you have the shop and the ability.
Much easier said than done. New loader - $1k-$2k

New tractor - $15k-$25k

Hmmmm....choices, choices...

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Same amount of work as any other loader that wasn't made for your tractor.

Make subframe
Make / adapt mounts
Attach hydraulics.
That was kind of my thoughts on it. Any aftermarket loader is going to require some sort of mods to the mounting bracket as it is, this won't be any different. Except this would require more paint than normal. But paint isn't hard to do.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Seriously? What is it going to "identify" as when it is done - lol. I guess as long as you paint it orange and don't work it too hard, you should be all set.

Try to get pictures of a similar sized JD and Kubota and see how the mounts were done and what it would take to meld them together.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Much easier said than done. New loader - $1k-$2k

New tractor - $15k-$25k

Hmmmm....choices, choices...
What am I missing here? If you are looking at $1-2K for a new loader, put that towards a Kubota loader that fits, not a JD that doesn't. If you already have the JD loader then it's more like ...

Loader I already have - $0.00

New tractor - $$$$

If that's the case, pull out the cutter and welder and start taking pics for us :D

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
If it is for roughly the same size tractor, have at it. Easiest might be if you can get a Kubota sub frame and mounts, and then modify the loader and mounts to suit. If you are one of those metal magicians, build it all from scratch and either way post pics!

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
What am I missing here? If you are looking at $1-2K for a new loader, put that towards a Kubota loader that fits, not a JD that doesn't. If you already have the JD loader then it's more like ...

Loader I already have - $0.00

New tractor - $$$$

If that's the case, pull out the cutter and welder and start taking pics for us :D
Because finding a Kubota loader for my tractor is nigh impossible, and only 1 dealership has quoted me - well over $4k. I didn't pay that much for my tractor to begin with.

JD loader is being offered used for $650. A few hours, some welding and some orange paint and I would be well ahead, even if it is sacreligous to the pureblood orange folks. I'd rather have the FEL than not.

Still debating and still looking for something that is a better fit, but this may be my best option.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Because finding a Kubota loader for my tractor is nigh impossible, and only 1 dealership has quoted me - well over $4k. I didn't pay that much for my tractor to begin with.

JD loader is being offered used for $650. A few hours, some welding and some orange paint and I would be well ahead, even if it is sacreligous to the pureblood orange folks. I'd rather have the FEL than not.

Still debating and still looking for something that is a better fit, but this may be my best option.
The only thing I'll caution you on is that some of the JD loaders have cast frame mounts, there ain't no altering them, so you would have to make the complete mounts and that is a lot of work!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Yes Wood's loaders are an excellent loaders, I know I have the model right before this one, but yikes :eek:, there isn't any of the mounting hardware with it, you would have to blindly make all the mounting pockets, and supports, and just looking at mine that's not an easy task. ;)
LOL right. I don't think anything about this project is going to be easy aside from talking about it.