QA Post Hole Auger for B2650

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What would be awesome is to find someone with a hydraulic flow meter and actually test the circuit. I believe the 8.5 is the gross output of the machine? For my planning, I am figuring 5GPM constant at the unit until I can get a better number.

This is a niche that should be filled. There are a ton of compact tractors that are capable of this but most of the augers are made for big high flow machines drilling big holes.

Looking at motors directly, there are hundreds of options in relation to Pressure/Torque/RPM so I am sure a better balance of speed/torque could be hit for the lower output machines.
I've battled this for years, the low flow model motors lack the power to do any real work on big implements, they lose torque and HP majorly below about 7 GPM of flow for slow speed and about 16 GPM for high speed.

I have tried to find a good hydraulic motor with good speed 540 to run a snowblower on my bobcat (11 GPM), so far the 2 motors that i have gotten have been seriously lacking the power needed.

As far as finding anyone with a hydraulic flow meter, they are rare, some good hydraulic repair shops might have one. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What if you add a pump and tank to the rear of the tractor to power the motor? Would the tractor be able to power this pump and give you the volume that you need to run the hydro motor?
Yes and No,

The yes part: It could work but you would need a lot more parts, and with them all added up it's pretty pricey.

To do it you need pump, reservoir, filter, cooler coil, cooling fans, wiring, (or small hydraulic motor) piping, hoses, valves, all added up to this:

http://www.erskineattachments.com/hydraulic-power-unit

https://www.loftness.com/products/other-attachments/hydraulic-power-unit/power-pak/overview

Now the No: It requires too much HP to run them, minimum is 30HP.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The content of this post has been edited to remove any possible offensive material. Sorry for the post.

Thank an offended member.

Last edited: