B1750e

reddyjim

Premium Member

Equipment
B1750e
Mar 30, 2020
Lake Charles La
I have a 1990 B1750e with 2700hrs. Have a hydraulic problem. Does not leak just sitting and running. When I rev up and lift 3 pt oil pours out of over flow on top of valve cover. Check oil and engine is full of hydraulic oil. Don't understand exactly how it gets into engine. Anyone got a suggestion. Do I have to pull engine and/or trans.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You have a blown seal on the hydraulic pump.

It's mounted behind the injection pump on the right side of the engine.

Most common causes for a seal blow out are dead heading the hydraulic system or for wear and tear.

Last edited:

reddyjim

Premium Member

Equipment
B1750e
Mar 30, 2020
Lake Charles La
thanks for quick reply. Tractor has lot of hours but was well taken care of. Question not sure what u mean by deadheading hydraulic system.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Deadheading the pump is stopping fluid from flowing without it being able to return to the tractor, thuss overpressuring the system.

If the three point has a feedback rod mal adjusted, or if someone has "messed with the hydraulic system (like removed a loader and not rehooked up the hydraulic system properly, you could be deadheading (or at one time was dead headed) and this will blow out the seal.

Sometimes the seals just fail from wear or just old age.
It's a fairly easy fix, remove hydraulic pump, remove seal, replace the seal replace the pump and run.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There are a couple of (obvious to NIW) steps left out after replace seal in pump.

Fill hydraulic fluid properly.
Drain engine oil and replace.
Review hydraulic system to insure that what the pump moves can go back to the reservoir (eliminate any way the system has a dead end). There may be a simple way to bypass the hydraulic system on the pump output side so it goes directly back to the fill port of the reservoir. Other people with more experience than me can probably suggest ways if that is even a good suggestion. If the problem still exists you will probably just blow another seal.

Then test pump to see if it is fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk