BX23S FEL Conversion

bdh1966

Feb 14, 2019
Johnstown
Ok, guys, I need some advice. Unfortunately, I let a Kubota salesperson talk me out of a quick attach bucket and into a pin on. At the time of purchase, I did not have a need for another use other than moving stone, dirt and snow. His reasoning was solid as it was a smaller machine and the additional weight of the quick attach would limit my lifting weight. Now, 18 months later, I now have an interest in some QA attachments.

Does anyone have any suggestions for either a factory conversion (if it is available) or any other aftermarket conversion?

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
To convert from pin on to skid steer, you will need to contact Kubota dealer & ask for BX2410 loader QA then add a QA bucket BX2448. This will replace your pin on & convert to a skid steer QA. I was quoted nearly $1000, & I personally decided this was too expensive & contacted ATI & purchased their QA for pin on. Kept my original bucket, found pallet forks to match for less than half the price from CL. Now keep in mind it is difficult to find attachments for the pin style, but I have what I need & it works for me.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I TOLD the saleguy SSQA, he said OK...didn't try to talk me out as I told him I will be buying SSQA attachements 'as required'. The 'loss' of carrying capacity is not a huge issue for me, so I make 4 trips instead of 3...maybe 5 minutes extra ? If I want to haul real heavy loads I'l use the D-14 or the forklift, my BX23S is my 'fun time' tractor !
Trade in your pin-on bucket to the dealer for the SSQA mount and bucket. My dealer accepts trades all the time. I bartered a 3pt areator for the HLA 900# SSQA pallet fork.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I believe that one is WAYYY too heavy for BX!
the one from Everything attachments mounts very close and has a much lighter frame, it weighs 68 pounds. The one from Titan is 150.
https://www.everythingattachments.c...r-For-Subcompact-Tractor-p/sc-qat-adapter.htm

One of the best things I did to my loader was converting it to SSQA. I sold the old bucket for $100 and bought a new SSQA bucket for $400 from the dealer. I have lifted engine blocks with my forks, my brush hog, full loads of top soil with the bucket, I have not noticed a lick of difference in loader capacity. When I measured the distance from the original pins it was something under an inch with the new plate.

Ai2 has a nice system too, but i love the flexibility of straight up SSQA
https://bxattachments.com/

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Unless you're into fabricating, get a OEM SSQA. ;)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Apparently there must still be a LOT of tractor owners who ENJOY taking off a 4 pin bucket in the freezing cold,wind up your butt,sleet in your face...
..or....
Kubota have a LOT of 4 pin buckets in their inventory

SSQA was the ONLY way for me. I've changed between bucket and forks 15-20 times in one day. Never more than a minute, can't do it in less than 15 minutes with pins.