B7100 vs B7500

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
All the questions on different kinds of maintenance issues seem to avoid any references to the B7500. I know they probably have as many issues as the lighter, less powerful B7100 compacts but I have problems finding pointers to fix my B7500.
Right now I'm having starter or solenoid problems. Not sure how long ago I did a repair in this area but it was a new starter and solenoid. As of now, I can't get any response to the starter by shorting across the hot to the starter lug. I show 12.8V from the negative battery post to the hot lug on the starter but less from the starter hot lug to the starter body.
I hate to spend $75.00 again for a new starter. Any ideas will be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Comparing a B7100 to a B7400, well that's like trying to compare a 1950's Packard to a 1980's cadillac.

Let's just skip over even trying to compare because they are nothing alike.

For things like this it's real helpful to have the WSM (aka service manual) as it has troubleshooting guides to work out the problems.

So the issue you have, is you can't get it to crank right?

When you say your jumping the starter, are you jumping from the large lug (which will have 1 to 3 wires coming off of it, one of which goes to the battery positive) to the small terminal or wire (normally white with black stripe).

If so and it's not doing anything, take a pair of jumper cables and run from the battery ground to the starter case and try again to make sure you have a good ground.

If that doesn't work you have a starter issue.

Also to go further is it a DT (gear shift) or is it an HSD (hydrostatic)?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
do a loaded voltage test on battery. 11.0v minimum under a load.

Load ok? Do a voltage drop test between Batt+ and the starter. Then same, from Batt- to the frame or engine.

Start there. From that point if the drop tests are less than 0.5v, you'll need a WSM to diagnose the rest of the system.

Yeah b7500 is a completely different tractor than a B7100. Ain't nothing the same.