Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Fabrication & Customization

Fabrication & Customization Show off and share the details of your custom improvements to your tractor, your truck or anything else you get your hands on.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
taranakiguy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100-D HST
Default Wanted to Buy - Kubota part # 70070-00385 B7100 diverter block

I am looking to buy the part number listed in my title for my B7100 hydraulic line. It's the diverter block that allows you to tap in to the 3 point hitch Hydraulics to run an attachment.
I've seen the detail on another OTT thread specifying the dimensions, so I could have one made, but thought I'd ask if anyone had one that they would be willing to part with.
Obviously I'd need to factor in postage to New Zealand
Thanks in advance
taranakiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
ASTER
1st Yr. Apprentice

Default Re: Wanted to Buy - Kubota part # 70070-00385 B7100 diverter block

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranakiguy View Post
I am looking to buy the part number listed in my title for my B7100 hydraulic line. It's the diverter block that allows you to tap in to the 3 point hitch Hydraulics to run an attachment.
I've seen the detail on another OTT thread specifying the dimensions, so I could have one made, but thought I'd ask if anyone had one that they would be willing to part with.
Obviously I'd need to factor in postage to New Zealand
Thanks in advance
THIS IS FOR THE RETURN
Adapter 70050-01615
O Ring 70050-02240
Fill Cap 06314-60060

I Was think about try in tap the block i have.....
ASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTER View Post
THIS IS FOR THE RETURN
Adapter 70050-01615
O Ring 70050-02240
Fill Cap 06314-60060

If you tap the block you have you will have to block off the cross over port, not easy to do.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
taranakiguy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Idaho Wolfman View Post
If you tap the block you have you will have to block off the cross over port, not easy to do.
Thanks Wolfman. Yes I understand. I wasn't planning to tap the existing block... I'd prefer to purchase the Diverter Block. But in typical fashion, its difficult to find anybody in the US that has the part that will ship it to NZ! Therefore I might have to have one machined (using the dimensions found in the WSM)

Can you help me with what ASTER mentioned..?

In your experience, If I use the diverter block, do I also need to run a return line back to the fill plug using the parts that ASTER suggested...

Adapter 70050-01615
O Ring 70050-02240
Fill Cap 06314-60060

I naively assumed that this would not be required?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diverter Block.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	44576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dirverter Block schematic.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	44577  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
taranakiguy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
THIS IS FOR THE RETURN
Adapter 70050-01615
O Ring 70050-02240
Fill Cap 06314-60060

Thanks ASTER... You've got me thinking about those parts for the Return... I assumed I would not need them as I was planning to use the Diverter Block... but Admit to having not researched this much yet...

Incidentally... If you are planning to tap the block you have, How are you going to Block the cross over port?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cross over Port.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	44578  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
ASTER
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranakiguy View Post
Thanks ASTER... You've got me thinking about those parts for the Return... I assumed I would not need them as I was planning to use the Diverter Block... but Admit to having not researched this much yet...

Incidentally... If you are planning to tap the block you have, How are you going to Block the cross over port?

yah i havnt got that far yet... i did some very hard thinking last night, i remembered that brochures was talkin about a snow blower it was called the bB748B an wala i found it 70060-00360
ASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
taranakiguy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
yah i havnt got that far yet... i did some very hard thinking last night, i remembered that brochures was talkin about a snow blower it was called the bB748B an wala i found it 70060-00360
Thanks again ASTER... hadn't come across the part code you mentioned (70060-00360 seems to be the predecessor to the 70070-00385) but it gives me another item to spend hours trawling the net to find... If you happen to find where to get one... I'd gladly pay to have one shipped over here
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more

Yes you should run a return line for the FEL valve.

The old Part number (70060-00360)has been obsolete for many years, and the new part (70070-00385) has been obsolete for about 5 years, so the chances of finding one is going to be rough.

I haven't tried to find the return adapter but I suspect that might be getting tough to get too.

You can take the original block and add ports to the ends, then you will need to tap the cross over hole and install a cap plug then add a surface sealing plug to the outer plug to seal it (because when you tap the center cross over it will take the taper out of the exterior plug so the original plug won't seal).
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
kaze

1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota B7000 Cub Cadet 1782 Cub Cadet 78D York Three point rake Woods RM 400 mo

Kubota part# 70070-00385 is available at Messicks or Colemanequipmentco.

5-7 day waiting period.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	diverter valve.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	44580  

Last edited by kaze; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:13 AM. Reason: add another store
kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
taranakiguy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Idaho Wolfman View Post
Yes you should run a return line for the FEL valve.

The old Part number (70060-00360)has been obsolete for many years, and the new part (70070-00385) has been obsolete for about 5 years, so the chances of finding one is going to be rough.

I haven't tried to find the return adapter but I suspect that might be getting tough to get too.

You can take the original block and add ports to the ends, then you will need to tap the cross over hole and install a cap plug then add a surface sealing plug to the outer plug to seal it (because when you tap the center cross over it will take the taper out of the exterior plug so the original plug won't seal).
Thanks Wolfman, Thanks for your advice regarding the return line, I think I've managed to find a NOS return adaptor so fingers crossed I can get that secured and shipped.

With regards to the Diverter block, given my lack of tooling... It might be easier for me to take the dimensions to a machine shop and get a new block milled and drilled.

Although hows this for an idea... I had considered seeing if I could get my hands on the complete high pressure line from a wrecked machine... this would come with the original block... then if I cut the pipes off either end and drilled and tapped the holes left where the pipes entered and exited the block to accept Hydraulic fittings... I could then use this as the diverter block... (PIC Attached)
I would need to drill the threads out of the 4 corner holes so that the bolts would fit through and thread into the existing block.

Each side would then have an o-ring so not sure how well these would seal together? (perhaps I would need to remove the inside surface to the depth of the o-ring rebate to get the two halves to seal)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hydraulic Block as Dirverter Block.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	44584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dirverter Block 2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	44599  

Last edited by taranakiguy; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:44 AM. Reason: added Pic