Wanted... BX Wheel Spacers

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Looking for wheel spacers for my BX22. Primarily looking for a set for the rear, but will also consider front spacers if you have either or both. Looking for a little more stability on the slopes. Please advise size, price, and shipping costs to 01550 by least expensive method. Thanks Dusty

Roast

Jun 19, 2019
US
Yeah,

I agree.

very happy with mine.... EZ bolt on... no issues.

saved a LOT of $$$

rusty, I would do rear only.

my $0.02
I second the jeep spacers off Ebay. Perfect fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Recommendations as to size that works best. I did an eBay search for "Jeep wheel spacers", and it came back with thousands of choices. Can you help me with dimensions, so I know that I am getting the correct item? Thanks for the inexpensive wheel spacer suggestions. Spending $40 or $50 on a pair of spacers is extremely reasonable.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Recommendations as to size that works best. I did an eBay search for "Jeep wheel spacers", and it came back with thousands of choices. Can you help me with dimensions, so I know that I am getting the correct item? Thanks for the inexpensive wheel spacer suggestions. Spending $40 or $50 on a pair of spacers is extremely reasonable.

These are the ones I used on my BX23S

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0AJJ7U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I have 1-1/2 inch Jeep spacers. They gave me plenty of clearance for tire chains and the loader bucket is still wider than the rear tires.

Roast

Jun 19, 2019
US
I can't find the email to give you a link.

If I recall, it was hubcentric 5x4.5. I went with 3" spacers on back, none on front. Slightly wider than the bucket. Massive increase in how stable it feels on a slope, and flat out looks MEAN.

I had to use something similar to a spark plug socket to fit in the holes to do the first set of nuts/bolts. Used thread locker on them since you can't easily re-torque those with the wheels on.

If your tires are loaded, they will be very heavy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I purchased the Jeep spacers for $40, and will give them a try. If I feel that I need to have a wider spacer I will look into the ones recommended. I rather spend $40 initially and move up to the more expensive ones later on if I find I need a thicker spacer. My tractor seems more like a boat, you keep pouring money into it, and there is no end in sight.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have 1-1/2 inch Jeep spacers. They gave me plenty of clearance for tire chains and the loader bucket is still wider than the rear tires.
The Amazon spacers arrived on Friday, and I attempted to put them on today, however, the original bolts that hold the wheel onto the axle hub have a head that doesn't allow me to get a socket into the recess to tighten them. How did you attach the spacers to your axle hub? I am wondering, do the later BX series still use bolts to secure the wheels or are there studs on the axle, and it uses nuts to secure the wheel? I have some ideas how to resolve this, but am wondering how others have installed their spacers.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I ended up having to grind a socket to fit in the hole. That worked for me.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Today was a warm day, and I decided that it was time to put them onto the tractor. Got out my jack, and my wheel dolly, and went to work. I decided that I would use 1/2" x 1 3/4" grade 8 flange bolts. Since I have been using never-seize on my original bolts, I had to wash everything with brake cleaner, so when I put Locktite on the threads it would hold. I torqued the bolts to 90 ft pounds, painted the backside of the aluminum adapter with a light coating of never-seize to prevent any galvanic action between the aluminum and the steel. I attached the spacers with heavier nuts than those that came with the spacers. These nuts are 1/4" longer and 1/16" thicker. They require a 13/16" socket. I torqued the adapter nuts to 90 ft pounds also. Put the tire onto the spacer, and torqued those nuts to 90 ft pounds also. The whole process took me about an hour, and that includes taking the tools out, and putting them back. Overall, I am very satisfied with the spacers, and I think that the additional 1 1/2" spacer is enough for my use. I can always put another 1 1/2" spacer on top of the existing one, should I ever decide that I need the extra spacing.