Easy BX HST fan replacement

OrangeBX

Equipment
Bx2680 FEL, MMM 60", EA 5' rear blade, lp ph10 auger, 50" tiller
Apr 24, 2016
North of Zachary, La
That's the way I remember my bx2200. I can try to get a picture of it; it be hard to get one since I put the mower back on. It's definitely a guard for the fan, and original equipment. My little bx2680 came straight out of the shipping crate.
DB

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Well I can tell you that of the few fan's that I've replaced, every single one of them was on a customer's machine-and out of all those, every single customer would have been PISSED if I'd cut a hole in his floor/fender. It would have cost me a fender/floor. I give them the option, and so far not a single one of them has requested the floor hole.

Think about it--later when you go to sell or trade it in, buyer (or dealer?) sees the hole and plug, and potentially is going to deduct that from the offer. You might not know it, but they probably will. Especially dealers.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, I crawled under my 1 year old BX23S and saw a factory mounted shield in front of the HST fan !
I'll probably fab up a 'skid plate' from some checkerplate I have, but not today....it'll be done beofe Spring though. Something like the TA unit but it'll bolt on ,not flop around like theirs.

Jay