North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you live in the UK?

That's not a North American model, the BX23S is, so us in the US and Canada have no information on it.

And no I don't think a BX23S BH will fit on it, the hydraulics alone are different, as is the ROPS and other details.

John529

Aug 14, 2019
Oldham
good morning
yes i live in england
have you any idea what the equivalant machine to the BX 23s is over here and what would be the next newest model up from the BX 23s that can take a backhoe and loader
the dealer i talked to said its a BX 231 but could not take a backhoe
i watch with great envy how you are treated by your dealers

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
In general terms in most markets there is a BX2380, and a BX23S. The BX23S is just a BX2380 with a backhoe on, so in a sense the question "can a BX2380 take a backhoe" is a little complex, because the answer is that if it had a backhoe it would be a BX23S.

The thing that's different about the BX series is that Kubota have decided the tractor is too small/light to just have a backhoe bolted to it, so when you put a backhoe on there's also a full subframe that goes on to reinforce the chassis. In concept you could put that subframe and the backhoe on a BX2380, but it'd be much cheaper to just buy the BX23S originally.

As for the BX231, I'm not familiar with the model. I've looked online, it looks a lot like a standard BX, but perhaps with an EU specific set of emissions controls on the engine. It doesn't have the BX80 series flat face couplers, and there's no mention of a backhoe being available. Which perhaps leads to the question of whether a US-spec BX backhoe and subframe would attach, or whether there are differences that would make it hard. Either way it'd probably be expensive.

EDIT: in terms of the next model up, I've looked through all the models listed on the Kubota EU website, and the brochures make no mention of backhoe. I wonder whether that's because there isn't a market for it, or perhaps some sort of health and safety regulations that mean they can't be sold. Certainly the tractor models look smaller than rest of world, but have a lot of quite premium features on smaller machines than we'd see here in NZ for example. So I see bi-speed turn on B class machines, which we definitely don't see, and cabs on much smaller machines than we tend to see them on here. I hadn't realised how different EU spec models are.

I wonder whether you can buy a tractor outside the EU and import it - does anyone actually compliance check private imports? Particularly if you can bring it over a road border I'd presume Customs have better things to do with their time than understand whether it's an EU spec model.

Last edited:

John529

Aug 14, 2019
Oldham
thankyou very much for you information

looking at the range the next size up would be a B2601.am i correct with this

john

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
thankyou very much for you information

looking at the range the next size up would be a B2601.am i correct with this

john
Rest of world, yes, the models are:
- BX - sub compact
- B01 (B2301 or B2601) - compact, small framed B series
- B50 (B2650 or B3350) - compact, large framed B series
- L01 (L2501 is the smallest) - getting into utility tractor size

I think looking at the website in EU, the model numbers are sort of similar - there's a BX, a B and an L on offer. But the B seems to be B1xxx, so I presume it's a bit smaller, although it's hard to say.

You could also look here: http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37655

Olip

Oct 11, 2019
London
good morning
yes i live in england
have you any idea what the equivalant machine to the BX 23s is over here and what would be the next newest model up from the BX 23s that can take a backhoe and loader
the dealer i talked to said its a BX 231 but could not take a backhoe
i watch with great envy how you are treated by your dealers
John

I just bought a BX231 (and took over to France) and from my understanding your dealer is quite right on the backhoue. As has been noted elsewhere the BX2380 is the US equivalent of the BX231 although there are many minor differences between the two models. importing one from the US might be an option and to touch on another comment here, yes, they do check so keep it all above board!