So Greta isn't Greta

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I'm Likely to step on some toes but regarding Greta herself, as I havent really addressed her in all my replies - I almost think she is an example of child abuse. She was 15 when she became an activist, and at 16 delivered the emotional, fear fueld speech that we likely all saw. I see it as child abuse because it is clear to me this poor girl has been brain washed with fear. She is a prime example of the vacuum Ive been talking about in my posts that we are in. Its often very emotionally driven, very fear driven, and very little reason or balance of thought. I have no doubt greta's fear is real - she has been made to believe that mankind is decimating the planet, and that it may be all but lost by the time she is an adult. Its a form of child abuse I think to indoctrinate a young, immature mind with this level of emotionally driven fear. I pitty the girl personally. I dont hate or dislike her - I think she has been manipulated, much like children in a religious cult. This thing is a cult to some of these people, it is a religion. Isis also think they are fighting a holy war. It all goes back to my points on human psychology, and societal vacuums. Notice how the media love this girl. They have turned her into a star because of her emotionally driven fear. This is the worst of humanity in action in my opinion - it creates an environment where reasoned thought can not survive - all ofthe oxygen in the room is snuffed out by the hysteria, fear, and emotionally driven arguments. The perfect ingredients for a societal vacuum to occur.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Well we likely have differences in personality. I am an INTJ personality type, if youre familiar with MBTI. I question everything, and seek to arrive at my own conclusions after exhausting my own research and reading. I do not accept anything just because someone has a title, because titles mean nothing to me.
I also question everything including climate change and have researched it as much as I could and came to my conclusion. One of our differences is in titles. If someone is a Kubota Technician his opinion will certainly carry more weight than mine for example. The reason the video you posted is so interesting is the background/title guy presenting it. This guy has credibility.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I agree Tornado; but why hasn't there been much or any dialog about GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM? I think this event is having far more of a impact on Climate Change than does CO2. It's a well documented occurrence and Earth is in the midst of it right now.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I'm Likely to step on some toes but regarding Greta herself, as I havent really addressed her in all my replies - I almost think she is an example of child abuse. She was 15 when she became an activist, and at 16 delivered the emotional, fear fueld speech that we likely all saw. I see it as child abuse because it is clear to me this poor girl has been brain washed with fear. She is a prime example of the vacuum Ive been talking about in my posts that we are in. Its often very emotionally driven, very fear driven, and very little reason or balance of thought. I have no doubt greta's fear is real - she has been made to believe that mankind is decimating the planet, and that it may be all but lost by the time she is an adult. Its a form of child abuse I think to indoctrinate a young, immature mind with this level of emotionally driven fear. I pitty the girl personally. I dont hate or dislike her - I think she has been manipulated, much like children in a religious cult. This thing is a cult to some of these people, it is a religion. Isis also think they are fighting a holy war. It all goes back to my points on human psychology, and societal vacuums. Notice how the media love this girl. They have turned her into a star because of her emotionally driven fear. This is the worst of humanity in action in my opinion - it creates an environment where reasoned thought can not survive - all ofthe oxygen in the room is snuffed out by the hysteria, fear, and emotionally driven arguments. The perfect ingredients for a societal vacuum to occur.
I agree that Greta has been indoctrinated but most of us do this. Kids don't become religious on their own we train them, indoctrinate them.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I agree Tornado; but why hasn't there been much or any dialog about GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM? I think this event is having far more of a impact on Climate Change than does CO2. It's a well documented occurrence and Earth is in the midst of it right now.
I have read some about this issue personally, but not enough to speak strongly on the subject. I think however the reason you don't hear about it is because we are already in the vacuum of climate change and co2. The reality is that something like climate change will take many many years to try and understand. We are only scratching the surface right now in our understanding. But the predictions are flying, the fear is in full force, and that drums up all the emotions. As soon as emotion begins to dominate science on any subject I think you immediately lose. The reality is we need a thoutful, long term observation and study, with all possibilities on the table, lots of studies, lots of experiments, to better understand - but none of that can occur because we cant wait. Armegeddon is coming - you see what I mean? Reason has no room to even take root. Its all emotion. And then once the ball starts rolling, it just compounds itself. Media get involved, they hurt the situation further, then that drums up the populace, then the populace throw their millions of diverging talents and ideals behind the fear driven movement. From that agitated populace springs up the politicians, because anytime a public outcry begins there is always a politician there to answer - so politicians get involved, and the rest is history. Before long you have a monster of a train that just barrels forward out of control. People who have no real understanding get swept up - it becomes so large, so inevitable, because everyone is all singing the chorus so it MUST be true, so many people are swept up. MANY people in the climate change movement on this train, and driving it forward know NOTHING about climate science. Humans just follow along though - not enough people ask questions - that takes effort.

Ultimately I'm afraid this will have to run its course. How does an entire country get swept up on the words of a psychopath, give him power, then sit by while he murders over 7 million in gas chambers? If the ingredients are right in society, human nature is capable of terrible blunders and errors on a mass scale. On the surface you would think such things aren't possible if we didn't know them to be true from history. Many college kids take this approach now regarding slavery for example. Its why we are now tearing down statues of our founders and trying to erase our history - How could anyone have let slavery go on? It seems so black and white to us today doesn't it? Context is everything. These are complex issues, and when you mix the right societal ingredients with the weaknesses of human nature, you can find a lot of incomprehensible things that are allowed to occur, and on a mass scale. This can range from things both large and small; harmless and incredibly harmful. From Genocide to Climate hysteria. Humans are emotional creatures - and that is both a blessing and a curse in someways. It leads us to great things, and makes us capable of vast evils, and everything in between. Climate change is one of those movements we are stuck in right now. There is definitely some truth to some of it, but it has been so overblown, to these levels of hysteria, and all you can do as a reasoned person is just understand that this is human nature. It will come to pass. Hopefully more good will end up coming out of it than bad, but this is human nature at work folks. You can see countless examples of if all throughout history.

Last edited:

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Thanks to everyone who has discussed this reasonably. We need more of this. I am done though, I need to work to pay for implements I want. LOL

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
From a practical standpoint, is there anyone on this forum who does not have any grass to mow, or have to dodge trees when mowing?

We own tractors and Zero Turns because of those things growing. Those are things we are doing to overcome all the cry-babying from those living in high rise buildings and flying around telling us how bad we are!

Here's an example of why I can not trust/believe the repetitive scare tactics.

https://www.johnlocke.org/update/cl...next-ice-age-is-on-its-way-within-a-lifetime/

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Its the end of the world as we know it,, I feel fine ! :D

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well I think we could all agree that the hype on the part of the non scientists is not helpful, makes me want to throw up.

On the other hand, with each aspect of the various pieces of the puzzle, a little common sense would help. For example: Whether or not we think burning fossil fuels is a little or a lot responsible for effects on the climate, burning less of it might be helpful for future generations. It took millenia to create oil and coal from decomposing plants and animals. The coal and oil we have underground in this country is like money in the bank. Don't spend it if you don't need to. You can make other useful stuff out of it, plastics, lubricants, medications, etc. Burning it if we can keep warm and travel by some other means seems like a waste to me.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
From a practical standpoint, is there anyone on this forum who does not have any grass to mow, or have to dodge trees when mowing?
On my little three acre lot, I have about 80 trees now, and plant a few more every year. Fortunately, the pines along the back of the lot are big enough now that I can't mow betwen them any more. That saves me about 15 minutes when I mow. At least by putting mulch around some of them, I can just make a circle around them with the Kubota to get all the grass. The big job is keeping the lower limbs trimmed so they don't hit me or the ROPS. Darn oaks will tear you up with their stiff limbs.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
I see Greta is a topic at the Davos meeting of billionaires. A little big money greenwashing? Or is there more to it than that I wonder.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
So now Greta is a possible recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. I wonder if they will include her Facebook “Ghost “ writing father too.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Greta gets her own TV show on the BBC.
There sure seems to be money to be made for everyone with Global Warming, Climate Change, Climate Crisis.....

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Now we have an “Anti-Greta”, Naomi Seibt, a 19 year old from Munster Germany.
She calls herself a Climate Realist.
She has been called a young fresh voice for free markets and climate realism.