Bx wheel weights

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
Finally got the weights all finished.
Used 1/2" x 6-1/2" Carriage bolt to attach weight to the rim.... wish they made a 6-3/4" carriage bolt.... as that would of been the perfect length.
I also used some "leak seal" and applied it to the inside of the weight.... to put a rubber barrier between the rim and the weight.... Hopefully it will prevent the weight from scratching the rim.
The old bolts were only 6" so the garden tractor that they were most likely attached to was not as deep of a rim.
The weights fit rim PERFECTLY !

Attachments

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
Used 1/2" x 6-1/2" Carriage bolt to attach weight to the rim.... wish they made a 6-3/4" carriage bolt.... as that would of been the perfect length.
I also used some "leak seal" and applied it to the inside of the weight.... to put a rubber barrier between the rim and the weight.... Hopefully it will prevent the weight from scratching the rim.
The old bolts were only 6" so the garden tractor that they were most likely attached to was not as deep of a rim.
Look great!
You did good!:cool:

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
Looks great!
You did good!:cool:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You could do like I did and use 1/2 all thread and you can make them any size you need

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I use Chevrolet orange engine paint, since it matches the Kubota orange perfectly, and I also have a 1962 Chevrolet, and always have the paint in the garage for touch up on my engine.
Your weights look great, and when I fist posted, I wasn't even thinking about the Bolens weights. I recently sold off my Bolens HT20, and when I got it out of the back yard, I found the wheel weights near the tractor. I will probably put them on my tractor at some point, even though I have my rear tires filled with beet juice.