What will happen if guns get banned?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The human mind is very creative. Whether a crock pot, pickup truck or AR15 is used to harm people, if they are banned something else will take their place.

Take a look at this. Now, how will congress control something like this?

Harming others will only stop when the brain is fixed, not the weapon removed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=147&v=tbKGjRoSofA

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
A lot of good US citizens will be turned into criminals by their own government.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
For all of the vitriol and bluster, guns won't be banned. They would have to change the Constitution, and bad things will happen if they try that (not a threat, a prediction). Restrictive laws, like the assault weapons ban of the 90's, can happen again. But not an all out ban.
There are a lot of statistics and studies that have been done, by neutral and even liberal groups, that show gun bans haven't stopped the violence- Chicago is definitely proof of that. Makes sense. It isn't the tool, it's the person behind it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I can see black guns getting 'banned' or at least curtailed or a buy back and I can also see a limit on the number of weapons a person can possess, long guns and hand guns but elimination of guns entirely would bring about civil disobedience for sure plus it flies in the face of the Constitution.

So yes and no. in many countries, citizens don't own firearms and if they do, it costs a fortune to have them. Germany comes to mind right away, civillian ownership costs so much in fees and permits, the average German citizen don't possess any.

Have a very good friend who works at JD in Mannheim, Germany that has exactly one hunting rifle, he cannot afford anything else because the cost of ownership is so high.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
A lot of good US citizens will be turned into criminals by their own government.

Kind of like the owners of bump stocks that still have them and there are probably thousands out there that while illegal are still there.

Gillie Dog

Equipment
L2501 HST, FEL, Forks Attachment, Harrow Disc, etc.
Dec 12, 2018
Southern California
Restrictive laws, like the assault weapons ban of the 90's, can happen again. But not an all out ban.
It is the definition of "Assault Weapon" which will get you. All semi auto hand guns and Ruger 10/22 as just a couple examples of what was listed here in Kalifornia. There will be nothing that makes any sense when done.

Agreed all out ban will not happen for at least many generations with changes happening to constitution. It will come, I will not see it.

GD

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
In our state...we are already aholes for even owning any gun. They have and are trying everything out here they can to eliminate ownership...including now requiring background checks to buy AMMO!

As mentioned...only outlaws will have guns...soon there will be a lot more outlaws.

These...ummm...electeds, they will eventually run over 2A....but like all control and power grabs, it will soon translate to other “Rights” that they don’t like or that impede their lust for ever more...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
You could ban 100% of all guns and firearms and it will NOT make one difference !
Why ?

Criminals do NOT obey the laws !!!
It IS that simple.

Here, north of the 49th , we got similar 'issues' BUT getting a handgun permit is dang hard, getting a 'carry permit' next to impossible HOWEVER, every other day of so, some 'kid' gets killed in Toronto by a handgun. Cops and pollies FINALLY said that 80+% of all illegals handguns come from the USA. Boarder guards told NOT to seach cars with blacks in them, coming up for Caribanna(HUGE festival). That would be racist...profilling....slow down entry ....

The liberal idiots have brainwashed the public that a 100% ban on handguns would eliminate the murders.......meanwhile Toronto's fast becoming Chicago of Canada.

Jay

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I wasn't intending on starting an ownership of gun debate, only an idea of other methods those with a demented mind might try. That's what the video reminded me of. Sorry, maybe it was a bad title.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I wasn't intending on starting an ownership of gun debate, only an idea of other methods those with a demented mind might try. That's what the video reminded me of. Sorry, maybe it was a bad title.
Title was fine and I've viewed that video long before you linked it. Necessity is always the mother of invention. Like the bump stock thing. I thick rubber band and correct placement of it does the same thing and the cost is about 10 cents.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
The same thing that happened in the UK when they tried a gun ban.
Violent assault, rape and theft went up nearly 40%.
When criminals know you can't protect yourself, everyday is a holiday for them.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
True.... crazy folks will find some way...

Whodda thunk a crossbow like that!!?!?

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
since weapons are something "i do"... will keep my opinion to myself cause its pretty obvious.

when guns are outlawed== only criminals will have guns. 315,000,000 people in this country.

with that said: 350,000,000+ guns in this country ON the books & millions more off with thousands more home built every day off the books.

guns will never be done away with or really even curtailed. its not possible.

what IS possible is to make people responsible for their actions & have background checks that actually work.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If firearms were banned to day and to morrow POFFF they were all gone and I mean all of them. How long does one think that a black market would appear? How many TONS of illegal drugs are smuggled in to this country every day, and does anyone think there might not be some firearms in there some place? The only persons ever hurt by such a thing is the law abiding person , bad people do bad things they do not need a firearm to do bad things. Just MHO you understand

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
What's more crazy than human? Well from what I've seen nothing. If someone wants to do you harm taking their guns away certainly won't stop them. Thanks for sharing the video Cat, pretty cool. A lot of trial and error went into that I would think, just goes to show some of us have way too much time on our hands.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
If banning things really works why not just ban murder? or any crime for that matter?

In reality there are crazy people out there who probably shouldnt have easy access to guns but putting a law in place like that will only be abused and taken advantage of then built upon to further restrict.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Has anyone else been keeping up with the evolution in Air Guns? There are some that are powerful enough to take down most ANYTHING in North America. I've been interested in buying a 30 cal. Air Rifle and if I can capitalize on the AR 15 buying spree and sell 3 of my AR's I'll get one, along with the air compressor that's needed.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I realized in my response to ‘Cat, my use of the word “Crazy” may have sounded derogatory. Not my intent at all.
I’m very much pro-gun, weapon, etc.
I have to empty my pockets before I go to my kids college, airports, secure areas at work, etc., because what I consider a tool (box cutter, multi-tool) are a weapon to others. I also CC legally and regularly.

Again, didn’t mean that as a derogatory term.....but as motionclone said, there are folks that should be excluded, ‘cause they’re friggin crazy...[emoji15]
back to your regularly scheduled program....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I realized in my response to ‘Cat, my use of the word “Crazy” may have sounded derogatory. Not my intent at all.
I’m very much pro-gun, weapon, etc.
I have to empty my pockets before I go to my kids college, airports, secure areas at work, etc., because what I consider a tool (box cutter, multi-tool) are a weapon to others. I also CC legally and regularly.

Again, didn’t mean that as a derogatory term.....but as motionclone said, there are folks that should be excluded, ‘cause they’re friggin crazy...[emoji15]
back to your regularly scheduled program....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try going through security with a fully outfitted service truck at a nuke plant :p:p

Gotta open up all the doors, open the glove box, center console, and then the guard checks the truck front to back top to bottom.

While that's going on, your in the office minus your shoes. Everything out of your pockets for a pat down, ect..... Guards are packing, one has an AR15 :eek:

Do you have anything explosive on your truck? You answer yup :D got an oxy/acetylene torch set in the rear driver side box. Any weapons? Yup..... Half the stuff in the truck could be used as a weapon :D There's a knife in the center console, and box cutter in one of the tool drawers. Security guard says nope, they are tools as long as they are used for the intended purpose :)

This is after the mandatory 48 hour wait for the back ground check to come through.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Try going through security with a fully outfitted service truck at a nuke plant :p:p

Gotta open up all the doors, open the glove box, center console, and then the guard checks the truck front to back top to bottom.

While that's going on, your in the office minus your shoes. Everything out of your pockets for a pat down, ect..... Guards are packing, one has an AR15 :eek:

Do you have anything explosive on your truck? You answer yup :D got an oxy/acetylene torch set in the rear driver side box. Any weapons? Yup..... Half the stuff in the truck could be used as a weapon :D There's a knife in the center console, and box cutter in one of the tool drawers. Security guard says nope, they are tools as long as they are used for the intended purpose :)

This is after the mandatory 48 hour wait for the back ground check to come through.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Holy smokes Daren, that's got to be a hassle. Nuclear plants should be a hassle, I guess.

Like you said, half of your truck is a weapon.... just leave your shoes off...[emoji3]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk