BX 2370 stalling

willierivers

Equipment
M9960 / BX2370
Jul 31, 2017
Caldwell, Texas
Have a 2013 BX2370. I have changed the fuel pump and the fuel filters and after about 30 minutes in starts to stall. It was doing this before I changed the filters and pump. At a loss as what could possibly be causing this. Thanks in advance.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Have a 2013 BX2370. I have changed the fuel pump and the fuel filters and after about 30 minutes in starts to stall. It was doing this before I changed the filters and pump. At a loss as what could possibly be causing this. Thanks in advance.
When you pulled off the filter.....did by chance you allow diesel to flow out of the hose? OR did you pinch it tight?

what I am getting at is a fuel restriction in the tank - it shakes around a while and then clogs the pathway.... remove that filter and let it "pee" - should be a good strong stream, if not - you have found your problem.

also - check cap, loosen cap and see if stall goes away.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
yup Hokie covered all of it,, you might be surprised the stuff people have found in their tanks that was giving them pretty much what you describe, everything from grass to dirt to bugs,, anything that blocks the port will give you the same thing. and like the man said check you cap, it is a vented cap and critters do find ways of blocking the vents

willierivers

Equipment
M9960 / BX2370
Jul 31, 2017
Caldwell, Texas
Checked the flow and it was weak, know the feeling sometimes, I blew it back towards the field tank and now it has a good flow, just like my younger years. I'm going to try and syphon the fuel out and maybe pick up the trash. Been reading that removing the tank is a real pain. Thanks again.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Checked the flow and it was weak, know the feeling sometimes, I blew it back towards the field tank and now it has a good flow, just like my younger years. I'm going to try and syphon the fuel out and maybe pick up the trash. Been reading that removing the tank is a real pain. Thanks again.
If you can get a chunk to come out somehow.....you'll know at least WHAT it might be......

on that model - and I have the same, the @#$$@#@# sending unit apparently rusts and that crud falls into the tank, I like you would @#$@#$@ hate to take all that stuff apart to empty the tank

rogerwh0825

Equipment
BX2660
Nov 14, 2017
Havana, Fl. US
Not sure if you want to go this route, but several years ago I purchased a fluid siphon from a marine store. Looks very similar to a standard pump sprayer except that instead of pressuring the tank it creates a vacuum. I've used it countless times for removing fluid and crud from various machinery.

willierivers

Equipment
M9960 / BX2370
Jul 31, 2017
Caldwell, Texas
I purchased a syphon and pulled the fuel out and then ran it back in through a screen. Didn't see anything. Hopefully I broke it up enough to pass through to the fuel filters. Ran good for two hours after I blew out the line. Will wait and see if it returns before I even think about pulling the tank. Thanks for all the advice.

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
I purchased a syphon and pulled the fuel out and then ran it back in through a screen. Didn't see anything. Hopefully I broke it up enough to pass through to the fuel filters. Ran good for two hours after I blew out the line. Will wait and see if it returns before I even think about pulling the tank. Thanks for all the advice.
I was having the same trouble with my new to me BX2670. Didn't see anything in the filters, but the dealer said change them first. I had the cap loose when I blew mine out and made a big mess as my tank was almost full. Mine has good flow now, so I added a shocker dose of Bio kleen to my tank just in case there is an algae problem. The was no slime or anything in my filers though. I really dread having to pull that tank. I'll drain the fuel if it happens again, and use a shop vac with a piece of 3/4 heater hose to see if I can get anything out of the tank before pulling.Good luck.

littleorangetractor

Equipment
B2650, LA534 Loader, B2782 Snow Blower, B6000 with Loader
Nov 12, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie ON
I didn’t think diesel was that volatile until about two years ago. My friend asked me to check the bilge pump in his trimaran sail boat that wouldn’t always start. There was a very small amount of diesel fuel floating on the water in the engine compartment where the bilge pump was located. I disconnected and removed the pump from the engine compartment and connected it to a 12 V battery on the work bench to test it. As the float was moved up & down, the pump operated as expected. The float mechanism was external with an actuating shaft operating the electrical contacts in a separate compartment in the base of the pump. As I rotated the pump body to flip the float up and down, the bottom of the bilge pump was blown off with a bang as the arcing contacts lit off the diesel vapours in the switch compartment. I was totally surprised when this small explosion sent the bottom plate whizzing past my head! :eek: Yes, diesel fuel vapour CAN be ignited with a spark. Be Careful!!