"North American" equivalent to L1802DT

Renaud

Mar 2, 2009
Val-Brillant, Qc
Good morning to everyone.

My father-in-law recently bought a Kubota L1802DT. He wants to tune it up (don't ask me what he wants to do, I don't understand it. I have to admit I am more than a newbie when it comes to tractor). Nonetheless, it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me what is the closest North-American equivalent to his tractor since the last time he called the kubota local dealer, he was answered his tractor does not exist (that is when he dicovered he bought a grey market tractor, he had never heard of grey market before).
If I could tell him what kind of parts he can order, I guess I would become his dearest son-in-law !

Thank you very much

P.S I hope you will excuse my poor english, as you must have guessed I'm not a native speaker.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hello Renaud, thank you for signing up to the site and posting your question.

Kubota's L1802, like your father-in-law's, the L2002, L2202, L2402, L2602 are known as the "02" series of tractors and were produced as part of a joint-effort with Korea's Daedong tractor company. Everything was Kubota's on the "02" tractors except for the transmission and unusual (compared to other Kubota models) body sheet metal. Interestingly, Daedong actually makes Kioti tractors now after both companies had a falling out over accusations of stolen technology and design. We actually have an article that covers a bit of the "02" series here:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/09/the-other-orange-tractor-kioti/

In short - this tractor is a hybrid, coming from both Kubota and Daedong and there is no real North American equivalent. But fear not! It is still possible to get parts.

The engine in your father-in-law's L1802 is the D1102, a 3 cylinder. This means that any engine component (waterpump, injector lines, glow plugs, starter, etc), are all still readilly available for ordering. If you locate a parts manual or list of parts for Kubota's D1102 you will be able to lookup most parts you need. For example, we have cross references for oil, fuel and air filter numbers here:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/12/gray-market-kubota-oil-filter-part-numbers/
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/12/gray-market-kubota-fuel-filter-part-numbers/
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/12/gray-market-kubota-air-filter-part-numbers/

The only thing that you will have a hard time getting parts for are the transmission and body sheet metal, as those are solely Daedong and would have to be scavenged from another "02" model - but there are lots of those to go around, so even getting parts this way might not be too bad.

Also, tell him not to take the cold shoulder he received from Kubota too seriously - it is not personal or anything, they've done that to thousands of other folks too. :( It is not a bad thing that he has a gray market tractor.

Renaud

Mar 2, 2009
Val-Brillant, Qc
Thank you very much. I never expected such a quick answer, that is why I did not thank you sooner. I told everything you told me to my father-in-law.
I may come back as this seems to be the place when it comes to Kubota tractor!

Thanks again.

Bfr034

Equipment
L2202dt
Dec 5, 2018
Sherbrooke, Quebec
We're ready and willing to help! Email for any parts needed!
Hi anyone. I'm new to the forum, the tractor world and just bought a L2202dt that seems in good shape. After reading all the articles and searching in this forum, I found there are a lot of information here and people very willing to help each other. It encourages me to try servicing my tractor by myself.

This said, I see that Service Dept Vic have manuals for these grey market tractors. Is it still the case? If yes, how can I purchase them?

Thank you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi anyone. I'm new to the forum, the tractor world and just bought a L2202dt that seems in good shape. After reading all the articles and searching in this forum, I found there are a lot of information here and people very willing to help each other. It encourages me to try servicing my tractor by myself.

This said, I see that Service Dept Vic have manuals for these grey market tractors. Is it still the case? If yes, how can I purchase them?

Thank you.
Left click on his name in orange and it will give you an email option, try that. ;)

Kabota

Equipment
Kabota L1801DT special
Nov 30, 2018
Summerville Pa.
Well I have certainly appreciated this thread....

I thought the "02" series was somehow a continuation of the "01" series..... but wondered about that odd tin work.

And now I know the real story on Kioti tractors and the relation to Kubota.

As for these outlaw illegal import tractors .... I think they should be granted amnesty and the Kubota dealers should recognize them as true Kubotas and give them the same service and repair rights as the tractors who came here legally !!!! :cool:

alain565

Equipment
zl2602dt
Aug 21, 2019
crossfield
Thanks a lot for the hint North Idaho Wolfman.
good day I got a ZL2602DT for a song now I know why but its such a nice unit and I want to bring it back to life so if anyone can help with manuals as I am missing some parts but nothing major, this unit deserves to live once again, thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
good day I got a ZL2602DT for a song now I know why but its such a nice unit and I want to bring it back to life so if anyone can help with manuals as I am missing some parts but nothing major, this unit deserves to live once again, thanks
There are no manuals that I know of for the L2602's.

What parts do you need?

alain565

Equipment
zl2602dt
Aug 21, 2019
crossfield
There are no manuals that I know of for the L2602's.

What parts do you need?
i would like to know what is missing, I need the hydraulic pump which is available on ebay, air intake housing with the snorkel that's just not there the rest seems all there the engine I believe to be v1501 and power train would be Korean so the shhet metal and if I ever have this little thing going wouldn't mind looking for a north American sheet metal as they look very nice but first thing first getting this thing going once I get the above, thanks.