Battery Master Switch

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
After watching the video from Messicks about making ones tractor harder to steal, I began looking for a battery switch to put on my L2501. All that I found on goggle had an open back to the switch. Some came with a key or a way to add a padlock.

With few places to hide the switch I tired to find a switch with the terminals that are not exposed. My thinking was the open terminals would allow a jumper wire to be placed across the terminal thus defeating the switch. I could not find one that covered the terminals

Any ideas?

Second, is there a way to add a kill switch? If so how do I figure out which wire to cut into.

Thank you.

BigG

Equipment
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Stored at the house surrounded by a chain link fence. However someone cut my chain link fence and push a big 4 wheeler over 1/2 a mile down the road and onto a trailer. We followed the tracks in the mud. I thought it was fine since it was fenced in. So I would like to make it a little harder to get the tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Two of the quickest and best methods to stop someone from stealing a tractor.

Pull the solenoid wire off at the starter, or if so inclined add a switch in line with that.

And add a fuel line cut off valve.

Both will first make it hard to start and won't run for more than a min or so.

One of the old fashion parking brake stick locks work well to, makes it really hard to even drag it.

#1 is install GPS, it's cheap and works!

BigG

Equipment
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Do you know of a good brand of GPS. I have no experience in that area and the reviews, when you goggle them, come up very mixed. I like the idea just hoping to find a good referral as to which one.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Google marine battery switch and some have removable “keys”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Stored at the house surrounded by a chain link fence. However someone cut my chain link fence and push a big 4 wheeler over 1/2 a mile down the road and onto a trailer. We followed the tracks in the mud. I thought it was fine since it was fenced in. So I would like to make it a little harder to get the tractor.
I hate a damn thief and feel sorry you have to go through that much to keep your stuff at your house. I always say in the auto world its way easier for me to make your car not run then it is to make it run. I have some ideas how to make the tractor less likely to get stolen but most ideas would make it harder on you when you want to use it.

Most thieves looking for something quick and easy. Cutting a fence and pushing a quad down the road is way easier then trying to push a tractor down the road.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
How about, if you have a loader, leave the tractor with the cutting edge facing down. Then separate the hyd hose quick connect so it can't be raised up.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
A remote activated bomb would be satisfying, but then you'd probably get in trouble for not respecting the thief's rights :mad: