P
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• what is the brass chamfered ring do to the shaft coming out of transmission and sits in front of the throwout bearing . i am getting ready to install a d-850 engine in a b6200d tractor. the shop book shows it but no name or what it is for one side has a bigger bevel than the other side. outside diameter is 1.024 inside diameter is .788thousands and it .256 thick . it fits the shaft with the splines heading into the clutch housing. how does it sit with the chamfered one way or does it matter?
    P
    PA-SF
    still getting some gaskets in to finish the rebuild on my b6200d tractor. i need some information on the brass ring i think goes on shaft going into the clutch from the transmission , it is 1.024 outside diameter.788 inside beveled on one side/ i need to know which way it sets or if it is for something else thanks
    O
    ostendna
    Are you taking about the pilot bearing into the crank shaft?

The bearing is split so I had to peal the old one out with a small flat blade screwdriver. You will need to mark the bolts and position of the fly wheel before removing it to get the rubber seal out. The copper pilot bearing direction does not matter but it goes in dry no lubrication required as the metal material is impregnated with lubricant. You will need to remove the flywheel to get the rubber seal out. I also had to make a custom clutch alignment tool out of a wooden dhow rod to seat that pilot bearing into the crank as the tool is discontinued.
    ok the b6200 with the washer beating the number one piston until it broke the washer in two pieces is getting deeper in the rabbit hole. now that the engine is out and inside to get ready for a new piston and rings for all three pistons now has a rear main bearing rubbing against the counter weight. do i take the pto coupler infront of block and the fan belt pulley the slide out the crank in the back of block . i believe it is the metal two piece gasket that keeps the thrust bearing in place . if i do pull the crank out will the timing gears get out of wack? that little block is a challenge to work on but beats seating traffic driving a semi-truck!
    ok so i am currently in a stupper with my b6200 . I did a bench test with the starter and solenoid and I hooked up with battery cables the positive lead that is on top of solenoid grounded the negative to the outside of the starter. I then touched the connecter that goes to ignition to the positive with a gator clip and after a couple sparky moments could see and hear the solenoid engage and spin the gear that is engaged to fly wheel. I then bolted up starter and solenoid then hooked up battery to the electrical system and start to test from the battery to the starter with a test light .The top connecter has power but after that dead all the way to ignition switch. So the next thing to check would be the fusible link that is starting to show its age by falling apart, plastic is crumbling around metal connecters.Then the next thing is the safety switch for the clutch and up the line to the ignition switch. I checked the two fuses and they are good no electricity at that point.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…