My Tool Box Addition

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
I have a cabbed tractor and haven't been able to find a convenient place to add a tool box. There is a small cubby hole tool box just behind the seat but you can hardly put anything in there (can't hardley even get your hand into it).

So I decided to try and find something I could mount on the rear mounting plate for the cab. It is only about 3" wide and I have to be careful so it doesn't interfere with the seat movement.

I started looking for a long tool box (since I couldn't go very wide) and decided I could use something that could be nearly 24" long and up to about 5.5 " wide.

Found a Ranch Hand model that would work for me. Mounted a 2x6 board with a couple of 1/2" stringers on that 3" wide lip and then mounted the tool box on top of the wood set up. I was able to slide the tool box back toward the window and allow adequate space for seat movement and still allow the lid to stay open without contacting the cab frame.

I can access the tool box by flipping the seat forward or through the back window when it is open.

Attachments