First Time Kubota Owner

conquistador

Equipment
L2050DT and Hopefully Soon M5660 SUHD
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Ok guys, this is my first tractor. I have a Kubota L2050DT with 653 hours on it. I must say I absolutely love this little tractor. Anyway, I'll get to my question.

Since this is my first tractor, I don't have alot of in depth knowledge about my new toy. I am planning to break my garden and do some general work this weekend. I want to make sure its full of fluids and ready to work. I know to check the hydraulic fluid that I have a sight glass on the clutch side of the transmission. Mine is somewhat clouded and I cannot tell the amount of fluid in the glass. Is there any other way to check the fluid level? How would I go about doing checking it?

Secondly, engine oil. Dumb question, but is there a dipstick and where is it?

Third, is there anything else I need to look for/check before I get to work?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I am planning on purchasing a manual for this tractor, but since I needed the info right away, I figured I would come here first.

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
I am not really that good with that particular model of Kubota but here is a free parts manual that you can get from following this link. As for the oil dipstick (Kubota calls it a oil gauge)it is about 3/4 down the side of the engine and from looking at the parts manual it looks like it is on the left hand side of the engine towards the front of the engine.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=48755

Lucky

Equipment
B7100dt and b6001
Feb 17, 2009
Northwoods, WI
Glad to have you on board. I've been visiting this site since they first went up and there is no question that if you have a Kubota, this is the most valuable site on the net. Mr. K and Vic are always ready to help. Keep up the awesome job guys. I look forward to continue learning about my b7100 (best purchase I ever made).

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Ok, here comes another question. Once I have the sight glass cleaned and replaced, do I need to have the tractor running or have let the tractor run before I check the hydraulic level in the glass??

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Service Dept Vic, you are awesome!!!

One more question. There are two "Oil' caps that I am curious about. One is located on the transmission case just below the shift and pto lever. The other is located behind the seat in between the three point lift arms. Which of these fills the hydraulic fluid and which fills transmission, or are they the same?

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
I am going to take a shot and say they are same. I have a green tractor that has 2 engine oil fill caps, one on the valve cover and another located so that it fills into the crankcase. Figuring out why a engineer put two fill caps on something when one is all that is needed is next to impossible and that way you can fill with two cans at the same time or maybe you can be a four armed mechanic to rapidly fill the transmission.:p