M135gx hydraulic issue

Mbahearn

Equipment
M135gx
Aug 22, 2019
Chester ct
Hi guys. I recently bought a 2012 kubota M135gx from the original owner. I replaced the quick couplers on the front loader remote so I can be compatible with my skid steer. As soon as I activated the front remote for the bale grabber I noticed neither my front loader or my 3 pt hitch will operate. I believe I have air in my hydraulic system. Does this make sense to anyone? I am not a mechanic so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Mike Ahearn.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I assume that you have cycled the lever several times. Have you checked the fluid level? siphon some hydro fluid and check the color. Is it milky or foamy? When was the fluid last changed? How old is the filter? Double check the connections to insure they are fully engaged. Is the grabber still working? Call the first owner to check if he had any problems.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi guys. I recently bought a 2012 kubota M135gx from the original owner. I replaced the quick couplers on the front loader remote so I can be compatible with my skid steer. As soon as I activated the front remote for the bale grabber I noticed neither my front loader or my 3 pt hitch will operate. I believe I have air in my hydraulic system. Does this make sense to anyone? I am not a mechanic so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Mike Ahearn.
If you have a "live" front grapple it is normal for the loader and anything after it not to work if the grapple is activated. One of the limitations of "open-center" hydraulics. If you have a standard grapple the loader will work slowly when the grapple is being used but everything after it ( 3ph, rear remotes. etc.) will not work. Again. limitation of open-center hydraulics! Most people never notice though so I suppose it isn't really much of a problem! On another piece of Kubota equipment, a RTV1100, the steering doesn't work while you raise or lower the dump box! We had very few complaints about it though so I guess few people even noticed it. Again, limitation of open-center hydraulics.

Mbahearn

Equipment
M135gx
Aug 22, 2019
Chester ct
The oil seems to be airated. The filter was changed about 200 hrs ago. And as far as hydraulic system not working when activating the grabber I understand. But nothing will work even if the grabber isn't engaged. The loader or the 3 pt will not work anymore at all. Is there any way the system is loaded with air? Thanks again

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I would suspect in changing the couplers you have a hydraulic line in the wrong place. A common mistake.

Usually, if the loader valve has 7 lines, one is a power beyond one which feeds the rear of the tractor.

Dave

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The oil seems to be airated. The filter was changed about 200 hrs ago. And as far as hydraulic system not working when activating the grabber I understand. But nothing will work even if the grabber isn't engaged. The loader or the 3 pt will not work anymore at all. Is there any way the system is loaded with air? Thanks again
Air in the hydraulic system should be almost impossible on a GX. We DID have some problems with the older X models but the Hydraulic pump is flooded on a GX so shouldn't be the problem. What couplers did you change? I assumed it was the couplers on the front boom that you disconnect to remove the bucket.

Mbahearn

Equipment
M135gx
Aug 22, 2019
Chester ct
Yes exactly. I changed the two couplers on the front boom for implements such as a bale grabber or snow plow. I even put it back to what was on there prior to eliminate the question if I had a leak in the new couplers. I'm lost on this one. I called the dealer to send a service tech out. I hope it's not the pump, the tractor has less than 700 hours on it

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Let us know what the tech finds! We had one pump failure on a GX out of a few hundred sold so not very common!

Spirit06

Equipment
M135GX; L4610; RTV900; SVL90/2
May 1, 2022
Dallas, GA
Hi everyone, was this problem solved?
I am having similar issue with the 3-point lifting bar not working under load and now PTO shaft not spin despite light show it is engaged…would it be a pump issue?