Tractor mysteriously won't start up again: problems with HST?

Jaymo

Aug 27, 2019
Ulster County, NY
Hi All,
I have a L4330 and it's running great. However just yesterday I got out of the cab while it was still running and it shut off (PTO was not on). Now it won't start back up again. Dashboard lights up fine but says HST maintenance. I watched a video with Tractor Mike and he talked about how a faulty sensor could be the problem starting with the one under my seat. How can I check to see if this sensor is working or not? Can I wire it to bypass? I also got underneath and looked to see if there was any debris stuck in the clutch or levers-nothing. I'm stumped.

Has anyone else had problems of this type before?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Jay -

My gut says you have a safety switch issue.

That said, I hit the PTO lever all the time on my little BX, making it quit when I get off......check there first, just to make sure. Only takes a little bit to disable it.

You might also try rocking the HST pedal back-and forth while trying to start it to see if it'll turn over. Sometimes that switch does get a little wonky and rocking the pedal will let it start... and maybe that's the HST error?

Above all, if you don't have it, get a free workshop manual (WSM) for it at:

http://kubotabooks.com/

I see a L3130-5030WSM listed.....so I'm thinking your L4330 is included. It should help troubleshoot some of it.

Last edited: