B3150SU (Australia) what is this?

Nez

Apr 6, 2023
Australia
Hi guys,

About to purchase one of these and wondered what this is in the red square. Looks like it can be removed.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
That is the bottom of the front roll bar. It was an experimental tractor item that was fitted to only one tractor. If you remove it, the world will come to an end, and you will reside in tractor hell forever.
Best to check with your local dealer. Most likely was for some assembly that was originally attached to the tractor.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Can you post a photo from another angle?

{edit, looking again,} they are NOT legs to help the loader "stand up" by itself.

Post a closeup of the "warning sticker"?

It doesn't look to be from Kubota (more of a reddish color...)

Last edited:

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
From the length and what I think I see at one end it might be a safety block when the loader is raised all the way. Meant to sit on the cylinder piston rod preventing the loader from dropping down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Ken is tight.... I zoomed up the picture 1000%, yeah fuzzy but 'looks' correct. Safety block to prevent loader from killing you....

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Then, what is the purpose of the removable side pin?
My best guess from looking at pictures of other designed loader safety blocks it assure it stays on the piston rod. Others just have a small cable located about mid-way or a pin such as this one placed on a New Holland.

Cylinder-Stops-4.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
seems it's an LA534EC loader, get the assy manual....NO mention of it. But yes, clip keeps support on ram,makes sense.

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
These radius's cut on the end I marked with a green arrow would nestle on the pin end of the piston rod.

forum.jpeg

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
seems it's an LA534EC loader, get the assy manual....NO mention of it. But yes, clip keeps support on ram,makes sense.
It may well be a aftermarket piece sold in Australia . Or is it possible that the Aussie govt mandates it now? I know self leveling loaders are mandated in some parts of the world.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
You take it off, and put it on the loader rod when the loader is raised so the rod cannot retract into the cylinder. Stops the loader falling on you and killing you if you're working on it. I have one on my B2601 (NZ). I've never used it, I don't go under the loader arms when it's raised. It rattles, I could probably take it off and put it on a shelf, since I'd only use it when doing maintenance. But no doubt I'd lose it then.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
NZ is a long ways from AU... Do you think that both governments think alike? :D

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
But to hold the cylinder????
I am guessing not unless there is a piece missing that would slide into this device.

It looks like it swings counter clockwise to the 9pm position so the silver loop fits into the drilled hole to hold it horizontal (see yellow circle)

But how does it swing to pass by the green collar?? If you see the welded collar on loader arm pin (green circle) and how the brackets are welded on the outboard side of the device (green line) how does it swing past? looks like it won't pass the collar unless no swing but complete screw out and relocate?

Also given that lift cyl is mounted between the support arm would this device not be well outboard of the lift cyl so is it missing a piece that would slide into the top to make this stop work??

So if there was another piece that slide into the top I would agree with lift arm stop but poor design on the swing past collar design.

If I didn't see the drilled hole (in yellow circle) that matches the silver u-clamp on the device I would guess something more like a mount for an Umbrella. Australia be hot sometimes.

A nice mind teaser though. Would love to see what the warning labels say as I bet they provide important clues.

1684333593692.png

Last edited:

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
It is simply removed from the "storage" location on the upright loader frame by loosening up the two black knobs. It is then placed , by hand, on the cylinder piston rod preventing the piston rod from retracting back into the cylinder , thus preventing the un-intended lowering of the loader.

Did you notice the picture of one of these similar devices on the New Holland I posted above? Actually a very simple piece of safety equipment both in design and intended use.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
NZ is a long ways from AU... Do you think that both governments think alike? :D
A lot of NZ rules are based on Australian ones. And a lot of NZ products are Australian spec. My recollection is that when I ordered my tractor I wanted one new in crate, not one that'd been sitting on the lot going rusty. I think my sales guy told the manager I wanted an Australian spec loader - they come with a failsafe that stops the load in your bucket rolling back on you - it's sort of half of a self levelling system. Mine's currently detached because I put on a quick attach. Perhaps that Australian spec loader also came with the loader safety thing.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
But to hold the cylinder????
I am guessing not unless there is a piece missing that would slide into this device.

It looks like it swings counter clockwise to the 9pm position so the silver loop fits into the drilled hole to hold it horizontal (see yellow circle)

But how does it swing to pass by the green collar?? If you see the welded collar on loader arm pin (green circle) and how the brackets are welded on the outboard side of the device (green line) how does it swing past? looks like it won't pass the collar unless no swing but complete screw out and relocate?

Also given that lift cyl is mounted between the support arm would this device not be well outboard of the lift cyl so is it missing a piece that would slide into the top to make this stop work??

So if there was another piece that slide into the top I would agree with lift arm stop but poor design on the swing past collar design.

If I didn't see the drilled hole (in yellow circle) that matches the silver u-clamp on the device I would guess something more like a mount for an Umbrella. Australia be hot sometimes.

A nice mind teaser though. Would love to see what the warning labels say as I bet they provide important clues.

View attachment 102717
It doesn't swing at all. You undo the black nuts, take it entirely off, and just rest it over the extended rod. The silver pin just goes behind the rod to stop it falling off the rod. If the hydraulics let go the curved end of the bracket will bang into the cylinder, and stop the rod retracting any further. It's very low tech - it's just a hunk of metal that goes on the rod and stops it from retracting.