Cover for mini excavator

Brankor

Equipment
2018 - L4060
Nov 26, 2020
Sudbury Ontario
Hi All
I just purchased a used Kubota U27-4 Mini Excavator and looking for a custom cover to cover the controls, seat and possible the whole canopy to protect from the crazy weather ... Thanks in advance-

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Reactions: 1 user

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Really you’re gonna be offended because somebody use capital letters in a written message. I can think of a lot more reasons to be offended then capital letters.

Standards make civilization. Lack of standards makes anarchy.

Look around - society is falling apart, and people with your attitude are part of the problem.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
It's generally poor form to write in all caps. Not sure I'd complain about it though, potentially the poster isn't particularly IT competent, or has another issue.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Standards make civilization. Lack of standards makes anarchy.

Look around - society is falling apart, and people with your attitude are part of the problem.
The all capitals thing is non issue for me.
There are spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure issues.
Seemingly, a general lack of education.

country_hick

Mar 2, 2023
Maine
I would suggest getting something like this.

12 ft. x 20 ft. Truck/SUV Portable Garage

There are plenty of options around $500. I would not buy a harbor freight or no brand version. Get a heavy duty one with UV protection and a decent warranty on the tarp. I bought a no name one and the tarp did not last very long.

You may need to put this on a wall of some type to get some extra height or dig out some dirt to make the middle where the machine will sit a little lower. An excavator might tear a tarp up if you are not careful but putting a heavy duty plastic tarp on the ground to keep moisture away is a good idea.

58741_W3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I would suggest getting something like this.

12 ft. x 20 ft. Truck/SUV Portable Garage

There are plenty of options around $500. I would not get a harbor freight or no brand version. Get a heavy duty one. I bought a no name one and the tarp did not last very long.

You may need to put this on a wall to get some extra height or dig out some dirt to make the middle lower down.

58741_W3.jpg
I have one like that and I just left the end tarp off to get the required height for my cabbed tractor.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Hi All
I just purchased a used Kubota U27-4 Mini Excavator and looking for a custom cover to cover the controls, seat and possible the whole canopy to protect from the crazy weather ... Thanks in advance-
First off congrats on your new machine.

Do you know of anyone that gets pallets of wood pellets? The plastic wrap used to cover the pellets (at least the ones that I get) make for a very nice cover. They are sealed on 4 sides and the "roof". I have a couple set aside for that very reason (and to cover my straw bales as well). One of those would easily drape over your rops/fops and cover the seat/controls as well.

My mini sits under a roof. But I keep the pellet covers nearby so I can easily cover the cab when the birds start nesting in the rafters.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Maybe one of those companies that make custom boat covers/canopy's could custom make something?

Ain't gonna be cheap, but I'm sure they could do it.