Need help with B7610HSD-R returning to service, need help with hydr fluid chg questions

Mike_B7610

Equipment
2005 Kubota B7610HSD-R, mid mower, rotary cutter, tiller, box blade
Aug 22, 2022
North Central FL
Hi all, I'm working on a 2005 B7610 for the first time in a semi-serious way and am having trouble with the info in the manual vs the info online. The manual indicates there are 2 drain plugs (beside each rear wheel) but many others refer to either 3 or even 4 plugs. I've located what seems to be 2 additional drain plugs but I'm not sure if they are - and if they are, where do I refill the fluid that drains out? Does the fluid from the trans flow all over the place? Or are there other fill points?

BTW - I'm changing the fluid because it has been left out for the past 8 years and seems to think it's part boat. The hydraulic fluid is milky and I can't think it's anything other than water mixed in. After letting it sit for a few days, most of the milky part seems to have settled to the bottom of things.

Thanks

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I’m not familiar with your tractor at all but the first picture. you posted is not where I would think the drain plugs would be. But the plugs are normally hex heads like a bolt and will have a sealing washer underneath the head and the plug head may have a flange.

If the second picture is the mid pto I think that is a drain plug.

there should be a similar drain plug on the tractor case where the shaft goes into the case from the rear wheel.

kubota USA dot com and illustrated parts list has a good image under C42700 rear axle case of the b7610 model

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Your first picture shows the drain plug for what Kubota refers to as the front transmission, When I drain my B7500 I do not get much out of this drain plug. Yout second picture shows the drain plug on the bottom of the transmission/diferential case. Most of the fluid will come out of this drain plug. Ther are 2 more drain plugs, one on each of the final drive cases {where each rear axel comes out}.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I've located what seems to be 2 additional drain plugs but I'm not sure if they are - and if they are, where do I refill the fluid that drains out?
The first picture shows the Clutch Gearbox drain plug and the second picture shows the transmission drain plug. Both plugs must be removed along with the 2 final drive drain plugs to fully drain the system.
To refill the system, you pour the hydraulic oil in through the fill port at the rear of the tractor. The oil will run through a tube between the transmission and the clutch gearbox. Run the engine for several minutes, shut off the tractor, and recheck the hydraulic oil level.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes both points you show are drains, along with the two on the rear axles.
All fluid is shared in that model except for the front drive.

Reactions: 1 users

Mike_B7610

Equipment
Aug 22, 2022
North Central FL
Thank you all very much, that's good to know. I took those two other drain plugs out and very little of the fluid must have been left, after I removed the two that were mentioned in the operator's manual, but there is definitely some left in there. I've read others indicating it would be good to leave the plugs out to let the draining continue so I've done that and it's got a steady drip going on.

Knowing that the fluid is shared among all those locations saves me from getting another sore neck trying to find another filling port ;-)

I'm also going to try disconnecting all the hoses and let them drain as well. I'd like to get as much of this watery fluid out as possible but there are limits because of the cost of the fluid.

Would I be correct thinking that the instructions to move the steering wheel back and forth would also be sufficient to re-charge the pressure lines after refilling the transmission?

Thanks again

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
The cost of the new fluid will be miniscule compared to ruined internal parts from rust.

Mike_B7610

Equipment
Aug 22, 2022
North Central FL
The cost of the new fluid will be miniscule compared to ruined internal parts from rust.
I've got 2 five gallon buckets along with a set of filters for each bucket, so I hope that'll be good enough.
From what I can see just by peering down the fill hole, it doesn't appear to have anything rusting - yet...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Would I be correct thinking that the instructions to move the steering wheel back and forth would also be sufficient to re-charge the pressure lines after refilling the transmission?

Thanks again
Yes that is the way to do that! ;)

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I've got 2 five gallon buckets along with a set of filters for each bucket, so I hope that'll be good enough.
From what I can see just by peering down the fill hole, it doesn't appear to have anything rusting - yet...
If you had water, rusty parts would be at the bottom, where you cannot see?
Oil floats on water.
Let's just hope that all is OK.