6800 clutch

tractormech

Feb 7, 2023
florida
Hello all-thanks for adding me. I'm going to put a clutch in a 6800 and the dealer wants almost 1600 dollars for a pressure plate and disc. Anyone used aftermarket with any success? And who do you recommend to buy from? Thanks so much?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hello all-thanks for adding me. I'm going to put a clutch in a 6800 and the dealer wants almost 1600 dollars for a pressure plate and disc. Anyone used aftermarket with any success? And who do you recommend to buy from? Thanks so much?
I cannot offer a suggestion, ......but I can relate an experience.
Beware!
I put an aftermarket clutch in my little (Shibaura) Ford 1920, and the new clutch failed after only 2 hours!
Replaced, (different seller) and SO FAR that is OK.
Both were likely made in China!

tractormech

Feb 7, 2023
florida
I cannot offer a suggestion, ......but I can relate an experience.
Beware!
I put an aftermarket clutch in my little (Shibaura) Ford 1920, and the new clutch failed after only 2 hours!
Replaced, (different seller) and SO FAR that is OK.
Both were likely made in China!
That's what concerns me. This thing has a loader frame that has to be dropped and all that. This is too much work to do twice.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That's what concerns me. This thing has a loader frame that has to be dropped and all that. This is too much work to do twice.
Unfortunately, there is no 100% answer to your question, as I suspect that many/most "OEM" replacement clutches are also made in China.
Cheer up.......
Some "made in China" products are actually very good!
Depends on quality control,...... or lack thereof.
You may be about to experience "the luck of the draw".

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On that model bite the bullet and stay OEM!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
sigh, I had clutch,disc, etc. AND an entire flathead 6 TOTALLY rebuilt(even a sleeve installed) for $1500...
kinda wishing I'd kept that truck.....
course $1600 don't sound bad compared to the $56K for a new pickup.....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Further looking at this and it looks like your dealer will supply a remanufactured or NON oem parts as it doesn't appear the parts are available.

It’s interesting that the “rebuilt” clutch costs more than the new sku. (seems to hint that the “new” clutch is lesser quality..??)

Messicks appears to offer genuine Kubota clutch parts:
9DD50391-259C-40D6-B0BF-A7DE140D87FA.png

Last edited:

tractormech

Feb 7, 2023
florida
It’s interesting that the “rebuilt” clutch costs more than the new sku. (seems to hint that the “new” clutch is lesser quality..??)

View attachment 95450
Well that's not too encouraging. If OEM isn't available who's to say the dealer couldn't order this clutch, mark it up to Kubota prices and say "Here you go". And if it fails in a week, after they talk all around it and vaguely insinuate the failure was my fault, they'll give me another clutch. At this point it may be best to order the aftermarket. The pressure plate price shown here is in line with dealer pricing but the clutch disc is HALF of Kubota pricing. I was really hoping someone could say they've installed clutches from Messick's, Tractor parts ASAP or whoever and had good luck. I don't like "come backs" but I hate to see people get overcharged. I guess I'll let the owner make the call.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs

View attachment 95450
I have ordered parts from Messick's that showed 5-10 day delivery that in reality were NLA.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well that's not too encouraging. If OEM isn't available who's to say the dealer couldn't order this clutch, mark it up to Kubota prices and say "Here you go". And if it fails in a week, after they talk all around it and vaguely insinuate the failure was my fault, they'll give me another clutch. At this point it may be best to order the aftermarket. The pressure plate price shown here is in line with dealer pricing but the clutch disc is HALF of Kubota pricing. I was really hoping someone could say they've installed clutches from Messick's, Tractor parts ASAP or whoever and had good luck. I don't like "come backs" but I hate to see people get overcharged. I guess I'll let the owner make the call.
Two E-Bay sellers that I would steer away from are Stevens Tractor, and Reliable Aftermarket Parts.
Those two apparently also have the same owner.
You will get an argument/grief from them, if you should have even a minor problem.

I might consider A&I tractor Parts, or All States Tractor Parts.
Of course, the real rub here, is that they all get their clutch parts from the same or similar sources in China.

I might consider a USA based clutch rebuilder for the top of my clutch replacement list!

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
If your dealer can't get it, they may be able to search other dealer's inventory for it. This is where maintaining a good relationship with your dealer can come in handy.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If your dealer can't get it, they may be able to search other dealer's inventory for it. This is where maintaining a good relationship with your dealer can come in handy.

No special dealer relationship is required!
Messick's will be happy to do a parts search for anyone!
They have done several Ford parts searches for me, (with success) and I have never bought a tractor, or implement from Messick's.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
It’s been my experience that If you order parts from Messicks…the parts will arrive in a genuine Kubota packaging…OR…Messicks will tell you UP FRONT that they are supplying aftermarket or rebuilt parts. In EITHER case…. Messicks will stand behind anything they sell. They really are that good.

Reactions: 1 user

tractormech

Feb 7, 2023
florida
Well, we went with a clutch from another Kubota dealer in the next state that a friend who does tractor repair recommended. They were fair with pricing and they stand behind what they sell. It's done and they are back to work. Thanks everyone for your input. It is appreciated.