Need L2800 rear snowblower info

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I have a 2009 L2800 and am in need of a rear snow blower and am trying to figure out which model/size to get. I have tried to figure out which models fit but am not having luck in determining what does work.

Any suggestions or info about suitable units/makes would be appreciated…thanks

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Is your a gear drive transmission or Hydrostatic drive? HST, you can drive much slower. How much snow do you get and is it dry or heavy wet snow???

In the manual, it says for snow blower; 60' width and 550 pounds for weight.

Now the manual is very conservative with these numbers. I have not used a blower and not sure how much effort is it to run one. Hope it helps...

Reactions: 1 user

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Is your a gear drive transmission or Hydrostatic drive? HST, you can drive much slower. How much snow do you get and is it dry or heavy wet snow???

In the manual, it says for snow blower; 60' width and 550 pounds for weight.

Now the manual is very conservative with these numbers. I have not used a blower and not sure how much effort is it to run one. Hope it helps...
Gear drive. We get about 10-15 inches every so often. The issue is that I have about 500 of rock driveway and am not always there. Sometimes, by the time I get there the snow has settled and been exposed to either rain or warm temps and gets heavy and crusty…not ice but a layer of top crust. We are at 4500 feet and the snow comes and goes…but is too much to just leave if I plan on staying there. I can use the bucket but it just takes hours to get is done and inevitably I gouge the drive and have rock all over.

what I am trying to determine is what is an appropriate unit for the tractor. The manual, as you noted has info…but no recommended unit.

thanks, in advance, for and input you can help with.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
My L3800 is similarly sized and I use a 5' Blizzard rear blower. On my last tractor an L3400 I had a Normand 5' that was heavier than the Blizzard.
I also have a 500' gravel driveway. Just be sure to get shoes for whatever blower you decide on. Here, after the ground freezes, its not an issue. Before it freezes you don't want to turn the blower into an earth mover.

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Running a 5' Agro Trend on a L3300 . Its a good fit but a 64" would have been slightly better given the 64" rear width with 12.4x24 AG tires.
Price was right though at 2K for a slightly used blower so not complaining.

Last edited: