Sometimes you just have to say it...

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Really it just makes you want to order stuff online and skip the store. They are shooting themselves in the foot.
I thinks it’s just the opposite, everyone is buying online because they can offer slightly cheaper prices and it’s more convenient. Thus the brick and mortar stores need to reduce cost. In our area at least B and B stores are closing at a rapid rate. It always amazes me when people don’t understand why, yet buy constantly from Amazon.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Nothing has changed, except that it is becoming more frequent. In Massachusetts, the courts wouldn't do much to shoplifters other than to give them a fine that they never paid, and in some instances, you didn't get the property back, because it was kept by the prosecutor's office as evidence of the shoplifting.
Massachusetts courts are a joke, to say the least. If you are getting divorced, you can expect the judge to give your wife a minimum of half of your wealth even if you had it for decades before the marriage. Family property that has been in the family for over 100 years suddenly becomes community property in the divorce.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Yes, like who are the political leaders in those areas...... and why is crime permitted without punishment there?
Exactly.

There may socio-economic reasons at play as well.

But if you are Lax on enforcing the law(s)....you send a distinct message to those inclined to break them. 'Come on in....the water's fine'.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
...Massachusetts courts are a joke, to say the least. If you are getting divorced, you can expect the judge to give your wife a minimum of half of your wealth even if you had it for decades before the marriage. Family property that has been in the family for over 100 years suddenly becomes community property in the divorce.
I think that is pretty standard across the nation. Being married over fifty years though, I have no reason to know.

Prenuptial Agreements exist for a reason...

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Probably all the red states! :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO:
All the states are red. just a little sprinkling of blue where the cities are. Ill bet Walmart loses the most near those lawless cities.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
All the states are red. just a little sprinkling of blue where the cities are. Ill bet Walmart loses the most near those lawless cities.
Perhaps so, if you use geographic area rather than population of voters as your measure... :ROFLMAO:

No doubt...more population, more losses. Needs to be evaluated on a per capita basis I would think. Granted if society forces low income people into concentrated centers, the losses will be greater. Yea, I know nobody forces anybody to live anywhere...but economic circumstances do. Whether we like it or not.

Unfortunately basic honesty is not part of some people's make up. In my case, I am basically honest, but not 100 percent. I admit it! Many people with money (wish I was one) are no more honest than people without...same goes with the color they cast their ballot as...

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Other countries are MUCH less tolerant.

Iran has already arrested, tried, and convicted 28 people connected to the riots that began last month when that government killed a woman for not being dressed properly. Iran is not like the USA, where people live on death row for decades. They already have started the executions and announced that they should have all 28 people executed before Christmas, including world-famous soccer star Amir Nasr-Azadani. Three of the other people sentenced to death are children. They plan several more trials and executions before the end of the year.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Perhaps so, if you use geographic area rather than population of voters as your measure... :ROFLMAO:

No doubt...more population, more losses. Needs to be evaluated on a per capita basis I would think. Granted if society forces low income people into concentrated centers, the losses will be greater. Yea, I know nobody forces anybody to live anywhere...but economic circumstances do. Whether we like it or not.

Unfortunately basic honesty is not part of some people's make up. In my case, I am basically honest, but not 100 percent. I admit it! Many people with money (wish I was one) are no more honest than people without...same goes with the color they cast their ballot as...
Leona Helmsley was one of New Yorks wealthiest thief.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I live in an area. This area is mostly conservative, working people with a spattering of rich folks here and there and a few areas of questionable nature.

Those questionable areas are packed with crime of different types. Most notable the capital city, real high murder rate. Just south of there, crime of all sorts, higher'n a cat's back. I stay out of those areas if at all possible. And when I say I stay out, I've had to pass up really good deals on stuff I really really wanted, knowing that me going to those areas is asking for 'trouble'.

Interestingly enough, look at the demographics of those who are committing those crimes. It really is sad for those folks who are similar, yet choose to stay clean. They are often thought of as the same type folks from the outside looking in.

In a way it kind of reminds me of when the protestors showed up and destroyed parts of the town. And it was not the only town that this happened, it was everywhere it seems. But what was the point in protesting? The way it was handled, showed more than they intended. And, the lack of enforcement spoke as well.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Doesn't take much to look it up. hmmm what color are these states?

Consumer News, Walmart
Over the past few years Walmart has announced that they have closed well over 160 locations in 27 states throughout the U.S., affecting over 10,000 employees.
The states hit the hardest in recent years include Texas (29), North Carolina (17), and Arkansas (11).
Did you even read that article? Its from 2016 and it was about closing smaller stores in order to make way for newer super centers. Nothing at all to do with the current situation of lawlessness and theft loss near blue areas.

Why are you folks always pushing disinformation?

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Did you even read that article? Its from 2016 and it was about closing smaller stores in order to make way for newer super centers. Nothing at all to do with the current situation of lawlessness and theft loss near blue areas.

Did you read the 1st sentence:
Updated December 12, 2022 by Kyle

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I’ll probably regret this, but…

I did read the article mostly because the mention of quite a few closures noted for NC yet anecdotally it seems you can’t swing a dead cat in this state without hitting a Walmart. The article struck me as carefully worded to the point of being odd. The 10,000 employees were “affected” (not laid off). Stores were closed but no mention of the net change as stores were opened elsewhere.

Could be every store closed (except the temporary closure due to fire damage) was a shrinkage of net aggregate floor space for Walmart in the states listed and all 10,000 affected employees were laid off. Could be they reduced store quantity, consolidated multiple small store territories to more Super Walmarts, and increased net floor space so the 10,000 affected employees were affected by having to drive to a different location in the same area to report to work along with their 2,000 new co-workers who were added. Could be some of those closed stores just moved to a different building nearby for myriad reasons. Quite possibly somewhere in the middle, but no way to tell from that article.

It’s like me looking at my personal budget and realizing I spent $80,000 last year so I must have a spending crisis. Well I sure did if I had $40,000 income but if my income was $150,000 that $80k isn’t looking so bad. Closures tell only part of the story. So is the article shoddy reporting, reporting information that’s available and omitting information because it simply isn’t available, or is there an intentional omission and careful wording to imply a false message without the consequences of explicit falsity? Don’t know, don’t care in this instance. There are at least 9 Walmarts within a 20 minute drive from my place so shutting one down wouldn’t really hurt my feelings.

The article rather clearly is attempting to convey the message that Walmart is reducing retail outlets in some markets and reducing staffing as a result. That might be 100% accurate. But the way the author worded it appears carefully crafted to the point I know very little additional substantive information after reading the article than I did before (negligible in both cases). If I didn’t see so many “news” articles like that over recent years, heavily slanted one way or another to the point much of it would be more appropriate for the editorial section, I probably wouldn’t notice it so much. And that’s not a “MSM” argument although they’re guilty of it. I’m not sure what news outlet doesn’t routinely report stories with an agenda these days.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
dang NCl... what I got out of your post is that YOU have NINE Wallyworlds real close to you !!!!
So, do you go to the furthest one first, then when they don't have 'it', keep trying ones until you get home, empty handed ??;)

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
dang NCl... what I got out of your post is that YOU have NINE Wallyworlds real close to you !!!!
So, do you go to the furthest one first, then when they don't have 'it', keep trying ones until you get home, empty handed ??;)
I usually check the app to make sure “it” is in stock before selecting which one to go to. 🙂