What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Now do you "hover" the blade over the gravel a couple of inches? I'm just imaging you pushing the rock into a big pile at the end of the driveway.
The snow blade has shoes/skids that I've adjusted so that the blade floats about 1/2" over the gravel. I run the snow blade in "float" mode and it has +/- 5 degrees of rotation built in so it does a great job. No gravel at the bottom of the driveway.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You didn't do a very good job! I still see some white on the driveway. Those pups might have 4 legs, but they don't have 4 paw drive. They need a good grip to keep going. Get out the broom and start sweeping that white stuff away! LOL :LOL: Great looking pups and a nice tractor also...
My dogs have way more traction than me! :LOL: If I can handle it they can certainly handle it. It was 4F this morning (22F now) and the snow is light, fluffy and dry so it blows and pushes easily. It's my favorite type of snow because it provides really good traction. I slipped on ice twice last year, hitting the ground hard both times and it's no fun!

Reactions: 1 user

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
The snow blade has shoes/skids that I've adjusted so that the blade floats about 1/2" over the gravel. I run the snow blade in "float" mode and it has +/- 5 degrees of rotation built in so it does a great job. No gravel at the bottom of the driveway.
Is your snow blade a rigid mount to the SSQA plate? I'm curious because I've been told that the blade needs to be able to pivot and float on it's own, independent of the SSQA plate, similar to the way a plow mount is on a pickup.

The way to obtain this float is to have have pins on the SSQA plate and suspend the plow with a chain and to pivot the SSQA plate forward, creating slack in the chain when the blade contacts the ground, allowing the plow to float on it's own independent of the SSQA plate and loader arms. I've been told that if the blade is a rigid mount to the plate, even with the loader in the float mode, the additional weight doesn't allow the blade to float like it should and it's more like a dozer blade.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Is your snow blade a rigid mount to the SSQA plate? I'm curious because I've been told that the blade needs to be able to pivot and float on it's own, independent of the SSQA plate, similar to the way a plow mount is on a pickup.

The way to obtain this float is to have have pins on the SSQA plate and suspend the plow with a chain and to pivot the SSQA plate forward, creating slack in the chain when the blade contacts the ground, allowing the plow to float on it's own independent of the SSQA plate and loader arms. I've been told that if the blade is a rigid mount to the plate, even with the loader in the float mode, the additional weight doesn't allow the blade to float like it should and it's more like a dozer blade.
No. the blade has a mechanism that allows it to rotate +/- 5 degrees relative to the SSQA plate. You can see the slots and bolts that allow this in the image below. The pivoting feature can be prevented (e.g. for transportation) by installing a bolt, and that's the way it came from the dealer.

sb1596.png

Reactions: 1 users

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
New battery today. Old one was in there since 2010. I kept it on a tender for the last few years so it would start. I could leave it unplugged overnight but not much longer, esp when cold. Working out in the yard no problems ever restarting. 12 years was a great run on that battery but it’s amazing how quick it starts now, seems like a split second. I guess over the years of the battery loosing steam you forget just how fast the starter is supposed to spin.
Anyhow while the battery was out I cleaned out the area of a nest of some sort, removed and cleaned the battery ground to chassis connection and blew out the radiator with some shop air. Finally before reinstalling the battery I fluid filmed the battery box to prevent any corrosion from moisture and battery seepage.

Reactions: 2 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Today I was back to sawmilling after taking a Thanksgiving break.
IMG_3303.JPG

More sawing today. Here the customer and helper are removing loose bark from the logs.
IMG_3303 2.JPG

And the lumber stack grows. Those boards in the foreground are Pine 1X8's. White Oak trailer decking is behind the helper.

Reactions: 5 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Sent the LX2610 with 26.3 hours on it back to the dealer to fix a small oil leak that developed under warranty. I'm surprised that I had an oil leak but remember reading that some of these newer machines can leak from the pan due to insufficient gasket material.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
FEL off and Snowblower on and serviced. Expecting big Lake Effects here tonight and tomorrow....Good Times!

Reactions: 1 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
View attachment 91433
More sawing today. Here the customer and helper are removing loose bark from the logs.
View attachment 91434
And the lumber stack grows. Those boards in the foreground are Pine 1X8's. White Oak trailer decking is behind the helper.
What kind of logs are those? Don't see anything like those ends around here in my woods.

Bill

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
What kind of logs are those? Don't see anything like those ends around here in my woods.

Bill
Dead pine. Not much good for finish work (the stains), but just fine for structural wood if you get 'em before they rot. Those look like pine beetles got 'em. The inner layers have a higher concentration of resin that keeps the wood from discoloring. The outer layers, while discolored, are still completely satisfactory for structural work. Even if the outer layers begin to decompose, it's still possible to get quite a bit of lumber out of logs that size. And something I've read recently suggests that staining is a quality for flooring/paneling these days. Can't think of a better way to use dead trees.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Dead pine. Not much good for finish work (the stains), but just fine for structural wood if you get 'em before they rot. Those look like pine beetles got 'em. The inner layers have a higher concentration of resin that keeps the wood from discoloring. The outer layers, while discolored, are still completely satisfactory for structural work. Even if the outer layers begin to decompose, it's still possible to get quite a bit of lumber out of logs that size. And something I've read recently suggests that staining is a quality for flooring/paneling these days. Can't think of a better way to use dead trees.
Firewood!

• Dislike
  • Haha

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Put on the freshly painted bucket extension I made and re-mounted my tool box with a piece of channel iron from my scrap pile. Had to move the toolbox since I added the cab. The mount will get repainted when the weather warms up.

FF28D3A8-DD68-495A-AB2B-374CAF1F6ACF.jpeg
114436A6-A446-416D-8BB5-DE0D21BC95E4.jpeg
70F4CB4E-B92A-4819-B8EA-B0F1E904DEE4.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
More snow removal yesterday and today. Here's yesterday morning before getting started.

mx6000_snow_9.jpg

And here's this morning along with a view up and down the gravel driveway after using the plow.

mx6000_snow_10.jpg

mx6000_snow_11.jpg

mx6000_snow_12.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

enriquesonora

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 66" bucket, BB1266...
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
Sent the LX2610 with 26.3 hours on it back to the dealer to fix a small oil leak that developed under warranty. I'm surprised that I had an oil leak but remember reading that some of these newer machines can leak from the pan due to insufficient gasket material.
I have just did the same with my LX2610 this week, was going to make first oil change 50hrs, and noticed leak on the RH axle case. Checking the schematics I cannot believe the factory doesn't have real gaskets! Only paste. lost about a gallon of oil. Haven't heard back from dealer since pickup two days ago. Let me know what you experience.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I have just did the same with my LX2610 this week, was going to make first oil change 50hrs, and noticed leak on the RH axle case. Checking the schematics I cannot believe the factory doesn't have real gaskets! Only paste. lost about a gallon of oil. Haven't heard back from dealer since pickup two days ago. Let me know what you experience.
Strange. I haven't had a single drop leak from my 2019 model, other than what I spilled. I have not been gentle with the tractor, either. I'm just over 200 hours.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Different people on the assembly line put these parts together. One group cares about quality and follows proper procedures; the others see it as a job and go home without pride in their workmanship.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Different people on the assembly line put these parts together. One group cares about quality and follows proper procedures; the others see it as a job and go home without pride in their workmanship.
Is that true of Japanese companies? I've had zero issues with four Kubota tractors and a Kubota generator, all made in Japan.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Definitely will let you know, I was shocked to see drops of oil on my garage floor after 23 hours or so. Besides stump grinding with an in-spec unit, I haven't done anything too crazy with my tractor yet. My leak involved oil accumulating on the LH side frame rail (when viewed from the back of the machine). Oil filter was clean and dry and what little of the pan I could see when crawling underneath appeared dry but I'm still assuming there's a leak from that vicinity. Oil tends to creep pretty far from the source lol

Strange. I haven't had a single drop leak from my 2019 model, other than what I spilled. I have not been gentle with the tractor, either. I'm just over 200 hours.
Yeah I haven't read too many reports of engine oil leaking on here or elsewhere especially with low hours. I'll report back what the culprit was as soon as the dealer calls me. They are supposed to get it in the bay tomorrow AM.

Agreed, and there is a pretty high margin of error with liquid gaskets especially if they are hand installed and/or not allowed proper time to set up and cure before oil is introduced. If the unit was out of warranty, I'd drop the pan and put some Hondabond on it and let it cure for 24-48 hours before adding any oil.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Is that true of Japanese companies? I've had zero issues with four Kubota tractors and a Kubota generator, all made in Japan.
Japanese companies typically have a higher level of QC than others, this leak would have been caught at inspection of it was present in my opinion but seemed to have developed after the fact. I've seen QC cameras that can measure sealant application and thickness (among other things) on the assembly line in automotive facilities but I'm not sure what Kubuta's investment is in that regard.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Japanese companies typically have a higher level of QC than others, this leak would have been caught at inspection of it was present in my opinion but seemed to have developed after the fact. I've seen QC cameras that can measure sealant application and thickness (among other things) on the assembly line in automotive facilities but I'm not sure what Kubuta's investment is in that regard.
It's certainly disappointing when a new vehicle has issues. I've had such a positive experience with Kubota that it would be very difficult to consider another brand in terms of tractors or excavators. Japanese workers typically have real pride in what they do, regardless of what that is.

Running the MX today and listening to the smooth four cylinder engine purring under load is just music to my ears. Such a great tractor and a real joy to own and use! :)