LX2940 Quick Hitch Manual

Akpj

Equipment
LX2610, LX2980
Nov 28, 2022
Alaska
I’m looking for the manual for the LX2940 quick hitch that is used with a LX2980 snow blower. Mounted on a LX2610 HSD tractor. I have very worn teeth on the male and female couplers and need to know part numbers and possible causes. Blower was used for 4 months only and couplers are skipping now.

Attachments

Akpj

Equipment
LX2610, LX2980
Nov 28, 2022
Alaska
It does with the part numbers, but does anyone have an idea why the couplers wire out after 3 months of use?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It does with the part numbers, but does anyone have an idea why the couplers wire (wear????) out after 3 months of use?
[/QUOTE]

Engaging them at high speed is most likely the culprit. Ask your dealer if they will warranty them for you as a courtesy, but it is really abuse by the operator so they might not want to cover it. These parts are not in stock at Messicks and are 5-10 business days away if you order them. I would suggest that you order them from your local dealer and have them verify the part numbers to make sure you get the correct items.

SHAFT, FEMALE CO- FEMALE CLUTCH SHAFT[/TD]
77700-04555
$140.13

SHAFT,1" MALE AU- HOUSING
77700-04150
$169.70

Had to do a lot of searching for the part numbers. The hitch is an LX2940 Drive System K-Connect Module.

Last edited:

Akpj

Equipment
LX2610, LX2980
Nov 28, 2022
Alaska
It does with the part numbers, but does anyone have an idea why the couplers wire (wear????) out after 3 months of use?

Engaging them at high speed is most likely the culprit. Ask your dealer if they will warranty them for you as a courtesy, but it is really abuse by the operator so they might not want to cover it. These parts are not in stock at Messicks and are 5-10 business days away if you order them. I would suggest that you order them from your local dealer and have them verify the part numbers to make sure you get the correct items.

SHAFT, FEMALE CO- FEMALE CLUTCH SHAFT[/TD]
77700-04555
$140.13

SHAFT,1" MALE AU- HOUSING
77700-04150
$169.70

Had to do a lot of searching for the part numbers. The hitch is an LX2940 Drive System K-Connect Module.
[/QUOTE]

Found the issue and it was not caused by engaging at high speed…. I’m pretty OCD about preventative maintenance and also always engage/disengage at idle. The locating bolt on the shaft coupling of the snowblower either broke or the nut unscrewed. This resulted in the coupling moving forward about 1/4 inch which reduced the contact surfaces of the two couplings. The damage occurred in about 4 hours which is how long it takes to clear my driveway. Equipment is still in warranty… now whether the dealer honors that is a different question. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have had the same problem with my BX2816 snowblower, where the drive attaching bolt shears. I just know to keep an eye on it. I bought the bolt the last time from the Kubota dealer, but I don't know if what they sold me was a true Kubota part or a standard hardware bolt. Either way, they are soft and do break. I thought about replacing it with a grade 8 bolt, but haven't because the parts book specifies a grade 5 bolt. Don't want to damage the snowblower, so I keep an eye on it now that I know that it breaks often.

Akpj

Equipment
LX2610, LX2980
Nov 28, 2022
Alaska
Well, the dealer agrees that it is a warranty item but will not commit to a timely repair since they are backlogged until February. However, they will also not provide the two couplings to me for free so that I can do the repair myself since they claim it puts them at risk… so I had to purchase them. Waiting 3 month the to have a simple repair done during winter in Alaska is ludicrous. Kubota has a great warranty… but what good is it when one can’t get repairs done in a timely fashion? Frustrating. Off my soap box now… repairs took less than an hour which included remounting blower back on the tractor. Thanks for the assist folks.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Save the old ones and put them back on in the spring (when spring arrives in July :)) and bring the snowblower back to them for warranty replacement and installation. Also keep an eye on that attaching bolt, because they shear quite easily. I am going to be checking mine after each use knowing that I have replaced it twice last winter. I don't want to experience a failure like yours.

Akpj

Equipment
LX2610, LX2980
Nov 28, 2022
Alaska
Save the old ones and put them back on in the spring (when spring arrives in July :)) and bring the snowblower back to them for warranty replacement and installation. Also keep an eye on that attaching bolt, because they shear quite easily. I am going to be checking mine after each use knowing that I have replaced it twice last winter. I don't want to experience a failure like yours.
Brilliant! It is also part of my operational checklist know… as a precheck and after use.

Reactions: 1 user