Daily Chuckle

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
there is a video some where on the interwebs of a guy doing a strut job without a spring compressor 😂 just lays the strut on its side and zips the nut off with an impact 🤣🤣🤣
Bet he won't do that again. 😬😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Bet he won't do that again. 😬😬😬
I bet he does 😂 wish I could find it, I seen it a few years ago lol. It was more of a parody repair video, can’t remember how he put it back together 😂

I’ve always had the proper tools available to do it right, but I could also do it safely without them 😂. My bays at work were right next to the wall mounted spring compressor until they broke it, now we got a portable one. It provided free entertainment for me at work 🤣🤣🤣

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I bet he does 😂 wish I could find it, I seen it a few years ago lol. It was more of a parody repair video, can’t remember how he put it back together 😂

I’ve always had the proper tools available to do it right, but I could also do it safely without them 😂. My bays at work were right next to the wall mounted spring compressor until they broke it, now we got a portable one. It provided free entertainment for me at work 🤣🤣🤣
I had a bearing press fail while I was trying to press some bearings off from a shaft. The upper support rods w/ spring guides bent. 😳😳😳 I bailed as soon as I saw them start to bend. 🤣😅🤣😅

150lb shaft tried to go through the wall 😬😬😬

Ears were ringing for about 20 minutes. Had everyone who was in the office, out in the shop to see what happened. 😊😊😊😊

Managed to clear all the dust out of the rafters as well. Few ceiling tiles came down in the office also.

Got me a new 30ton air over hydraulic bearing press out of the deal as well 😎😎😎😎😎

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I had a bearing press fail while I was trying to press some bearings off from a shaft. The upper support rods w/ spring guides bent. 😳😳😳 I bailed as soon as I saw them start to bend. 🤣😅🤣😅

150lb shaft tried to go through the wall 😬😬😬

Ears were ringing for about 20 minutes. Had everyone who was in the office, out in the shop to see what happened. 😊😊😊😊

Managed to clear all the dust out of the rafters as well. Few ceiling tiles came down in the office also.

Got me a new 30ton air over hydraulic bearing press out of the deal as well 😎😎😎😎😎
ive had emergency surgery during a work day to have pieces of an air chisel bit removed from my chest 😬. Ask my wife about the post anesthesia scene to get them pieces back so the snap on man could warranty it 🤣🤣🤣 hospital never gave em to me, luckily the end of it was still in the air hammer when I got back to work 😁 insurance company came around a couple weeks later and asked for the bit, well half of its at the hospital and the other half on the snap on truck 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Now I know why Snap-On will not sell me the one broken part on my spring compressor, but wants the old one back and will ship me a new one. I should take care of that this week.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mary HAD a little lamb
Her Father killed it dead
Now Mary takes her lamb to school
Between two chunks of bread

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users