What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It is so horrible to think about.
He's never more than 50' from me. Turns 11 on Thanksgiving. Going to really miss him soon.
Our Lab boy (pure white) died just 5 days short of his 11th B-Day.
Wife did not want another one (I did), because she did not want to go through the horrible loss again.
(She is 76, I am 81)
I finally prevailed, and our Sadie is now three.
We are two old fogies, and we absolutely love our sweet Sadie (avatar) every minute of every day!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Our Lab boy (pure white) died just 5 days short of his 11th B-Day.
Wife did not want another one (I did), because she did not want to go through the horrible loss again.
(She is 75, I am 81)
I finally prevailed, and our Sadie (also pure white) is now three.
We are two old fogies, and we absolutely love our big white Sadie every minute of every day!
yep.

I was warned once that "old men miss many dogs". Very true.

Reactions: 5 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Very interesting DD. I am an old man, and yes I miss many dogs. And I presently have two elderly dogs. I no longer tell them quiet when they are excited and bark for supper or their twice daily walks through our property. I so wish I could hear some of my past dogs once again. ……

Reactions: 7 users

RevRynd

Equipment
L3560
Sep 9, 2022
Ozarks
moved 20yrds of compost around that i had dropped for the gardens. Really delighted to have the tractor to do that. I remember what it felt like to use the wheel barrow and I am constantly humbled by how much faster everything is.

Reactions: 1 user

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Did a little splitting the other day and used the L3901DT to move the split wood to the area that I stack the wood. Had a load on truck and most of it needed split at least once.

spliting.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
moved 20yrds of compost around that i had dropped for the gardens. Really delighted to have the tractor to do that. I remember what it felt like to use the wheel barrow and I am constantly humbled by how much faster everything is.
Sometimes I do feel almost guilty at how much easier and faster some jobs are with a modern 4WD tractor with a loader. Some jobs are now possible that weren’t possible at all before. We had antique 2WD tractors before the Kubota but still…

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
That’s a cool pick with tires off ground…good looking dog too.
Thanks....the dog's are a lot of fun.
They bring their ball with them everywhere, and we'll give it a toss every-so-often.

RevRynd

Equipment
L3560
Sep 9, 2022
Ozarks
Sometimes I do feel almost guilty at how much easier and faster some jobs are with a modern 4WD tractor with a loader. Some jobs are now possible that weren’t possible at all before. We had antique 2WD tractors before the Kubota but still…
I'll never go back. I spread an acre of mulch in my previous property with a wheel barrow, I did it the hard way. The amount of work I completed in 15 minutes would have taken an entire day by hand, so it really just doesn't compute in my mind at this point. That tractor is a dreamboat lol.

Reactions: 1 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Added a LED light bar to the brush guard since it covered the original lights.

tempImage4S7K4Q.jpg

tempImageMk6Kgb.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Added a LED light bar to the brush guard since it covered the original lights.

View attachment 89116

View attachment 89117
I have the same guard so I added lights to the ROPS. While the guard might look nice, they didn't allow for the fact that the head lamps shine to the side as well as up and down. The guard should have at least another row of holes all the way around each headlight provision. 511, you can send me a freebee for the suggestion.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
How much does that light bar obstruct your vision during operation with the bucket?

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
How much does that light bar obstruct your vision during operation with the bucket?

It don't really obstruct my sight because it's right in the middle I'm used to knowing where things are from the sides I also have a level indicator. I have ROPS lights too that I can swivel to use shining front or rear if I want to.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I have the same guard so I added lights to the ROPS. While the guard might look nice, they didn't allow for the fact that the head lamps shine to the side as well as up and down. The guard should have at least another row of holes all the way around each headlight provision. 511, you can send me a freebee for the suggestion.
Yeah I have a set of ROPS light that can swivel 360 so I can use them front or rear. I like the brush guard but like you said it messes up the lights. I took the bulbs out of the original lights and use the factory switch to energize a relay to pickup the LED light bar.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Post planting for a fence to keep the cows in !
I have a question. Never used or owned a backhoe but why do you take all four wheel off the ground? Is there an advantage to it when using the backhoe?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I have a question. Never used or owned a backhoe but why do you take all four wheel off the ground? Is there an advantage to it when using the backhoe?
Not sure what fj40dave will have to say, but, I generally lift the rears entirely off the ground and sometimes the front as well (not always). He and I have the same (B2650) machine. The idea is to keep the tractor stationary. The large B series are relatively light in weight and the BH77 hoe easily moves the entire machine around. Very often, I find that the hoe drags me into the hole I'm digging if I'm not careful in how I dig. That same (BH77) hoe is used on the smaller L series tractors as well and likely tosses them around some.

Reactions: 2 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
If possible I like to keep some ground contact with the tires so that there is more things keeping the tractor in place. The outriggers take a real beating when the hoe pulls towards the tractor, hopefully the tires will offer a bit of help especially if in 4WD.

Reactions: 1 users