2022 LX2610 60" MMM hanger issues

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
2022 LX2610 60" MMM, Mid Mount Mower, hanger issues.

Apparently there isn't enough clearance for the belly mower with the bigger tires.

The deck hanger system seems poorly designed, It's short on clearance and too work intensive to remove and install the deck.

With the deck mounted 2" forward, it would give close to 4" clearance between the smaller tires and and the deck when pinned up to use the 3 point and loader - mine will be pinned up most of the time, except when mowing weekly or as needed.
4" seems a reasonable amount of clearance for running around with the deck pinned up.
2" with the mounts as they are seems a bit tight.

To move the mounts forward might also involve lengthening the driveshaft. Not a big deal either.

The piece on the back of the machine that hooks the 3 point and causes the deck to raise and lower had been bent twice. It must need a stop installed or something. I suspect it has to do with the over sized tires, poor installation,
Failure to install some sort of stop or move the mounts ahead 2" to compensate for the oversized tires.

Just poor design and R&D. All around. I didn't get down and look super close, but it doesn't seem like it would be that big an issue to fix. I have built a lot of stuff.

I am fine with the smaller diameter tires. But even with them, the clearance is what I would call bare minimum for operating with the deck pinned up.

We bought this mostly to mow our 3/8 mile of ditch. It would also be used in areas where the trees are little or the few open areas without trees.

Out front mount Toro's 223D and 325D, do not do well in ditches.

The loader would be handy in places where our old Ford Loader Backhoe is too heavy and large.

Do they make a mirror kit?

The reason stayed away from a rear mount mower is that I have a great deal of difficulty twisting to see what's going on behind me.

I can keep track of a mid mount or front mount.

Do they make a front mount deck?
If not, why not? That would solve the issue. And be easily removable.

I always wanted to make a front mount for my 23hp JD400, but never got around to it. Work and stuff got in the way.
A front deck, like many pieces of equipment have, would be fairly easy to mount.

I am still very unfamiliar with this machine. I haven't looked at the owners manual yet. Don't have the service manual on yet. I have maybe 10 minutes of seat time in the 6 weeks or so since purchase?

Can the loader height be set to only go down to a certain height?

Or would cylinder blocks be necessary to limit how far the loader could go down?

I assume there is a front drive shaft kit to run a snowblower.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
2022 LX2610 60" MMM, Mid Mount Mower, hanger issues.

Apparently there isn't enough clearance for the belly mower with the bigger tires.

The deck hanger system seems poorly designed, It's short on clearance and too work intensive to remove and install the deck.

With the deck mounted 2" forward, it would give close to 4" clearance between the smaller tires and and the deck when pinned up to use the 3 point and loader - mine will be pinned up most of the time, except when mowing weekly or as needed.
4" seems a reasonable amount of clearance for running around with the deck pinned up.
2" with the mounts as they are seems a bit tight.

To move the mounts forward might also involve lengthening the driveshaft. Not a big deal either.

The piece on the back of the machine that hooks the 3 point and causes the deck to raise and lower had been bent twice. It must need a stop installed or something. I suspect it has to do with the over sized tires, poor installation,
Failure to install some sort of stop or move the mounts ahead 2" to compensate for the oversized tires.

Just poor design and R&D. All around. I didn't get down and look super close, but it doesn't seem like it would be that big an issue to fix. I have built a lot of stuff.

I am fine with the smaller diameter tires. But even with them, the clearance is what I would call bare minimum for operating with the deck pinned up.

We bought this mostly to mow our 3/8 mile of ditch. It would also be used in areas where the trees are little or the few open areas without trees.

Out front mount Toro's 223D and 325D, do not do well in ditches.

The loader would be handy in places where our old Ford Loader Backhoe is too heavy and large.

Do they make a mirror kit?

The reason stayed away from a rear mount mower is that I have a great deal of difficulty twisting to see what's going on behind me.

I can keep track of a mid mount or front mount.

Do they make a front mount deck?
If not, why not? That would solve the issue. And be easily removable.

I always wanted to make a front mount for my 23hp JD400, but never got around to it. Work and stuff got in the way.
A front deck, like many pieces of equipment have, would be fairly easy to mount.

I am still very unfamiliar with this machine. I haven't looked at the owners manual yet. Don't have the service manual on yet. I have maybe 10 minutes of seat time in the 6 weeks or so since purchase?

Can the loader height be set to only go down to a certain height?

Or would cylinder blocks be necessary to limit how far the loader could go down?

I assume there is a front drive shaft kit to run a snowblower.
I have a 60" MMM for my B1750 and a 72" MMM for my B3350. I never attempt to use the tractors for other tasks with the MMMs installed as they are easily removed/installed.

I drive onto a thickness or two of 2X6/8/10 (all wheels), disconnect, and roll out to the right side. Reverse to reinstall. Can do either in 20 minutes or so. All bets off with oversized tires.

It is not uncommon to find the lift arm adapters for the MMMs bent. This is due to improper set up by the dealer. The arms will not bend if things are set up properly as instructed in the mower installation/operation manual, but this is time consuming and few if any dealers take the time to do it properly. I thoroughly reviewed the set up instructions on both of my mowers upon delivery, correcting improperly adjusted mechanisms, before use.

Pinning the MMM up to allow the lift to be used for other purposes without MMM removal is a serious compromise at best.

Love my MMMs and would never consider a three point mounted finish mower.

Reactions: 1 user

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
I have a 60" MMM for my B1750 and a 72" MMM for my B3350. I never attempt to use the tractors for other tasks with the MMMs installed as they are easily removed/installed.

I drive onto a thickness or two of 2X6/8/10 (all wheels), disconnect, and roll out to the right side. Reverse to reinstall. Can do either in 20 minutes or so. All bets off with oversized tires.

It is not uncommon to find the lift arm adapters for the MMMs bent. This is due to improper set up by the dealer. The arms will not bend if things are set up properly as instructed in the mower installation/operation manual, but this is time consuming and few if any dealers take the time to do it properly. I thoroughly reviewed the set up instructions on both of my mowers upon delivery, correcting improperly adjusted mechanisms, before use.

Pinning the MMM up to allow the lift to be used for other purposes without MMM removal is a serious compromise at best.

What was easy even 3 years ago, isn't so easy now.

What was easy 10 years ago is never going to happen again.

Compared to the 1980 JD400. This thing is a royal pia.

I'm thinking in 50 years since the 400's came out, they could have done a little better.

Last edited:

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois

The main reason we went mmm is that I am not very twisty anymore and have issues looking back.

Just got the mower back and noticed the bracket is either still bent or bent again.

Is there a way to pin the back of the deck up as well as the front? It seems to me with just the front of the deck pinned. Up, something would have to give/bend eventually. The deck has a lot of leverage with the back unsupported.

If I was still able, I would seriously look at making a front deck for the machine. It could hang off the loader and attach similar to an old Toro 325D.

Is there a front PTO kit available?

Are there cylinder blocks available, like for the lower unit on a boat? Might be handy for mowing. I don't see us ever taking the loader off.

Attachments