What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Dealer trip again today, as when I picked up the R14T tires last week I saw some Land Pride quick hitches on display-the QH10 and QH15. Started doing some lookin' on the internets and decided I wanted one. Salesman told me the QH10 and QH15 weren't for the BX series(just as well, they started at $550). He directed me to the one specifically for the subcompacts, I think it's the QH5??? It has a round frame. $270 including tax. Got home and put it on. I'm sure it'll make attaching my implements way easier. Inquired about a RCR1242 rotary cutter, about $1500 plus tax. Salesman said some people have used the 4' ones on the BX, it can handle it ok from what he's heard....

Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Dealer trip again today, as when I picked up the R14T tires last week I saw some Land Pride quick hitches on display-the QH10 and QH15. Started doing some lookin' on the internets and decided I wanted one. Salesman told me the QH10 and QH15 weren't for the BX series(just as well, they started at $550). He directed me to the one specifically for the subcompacts, I think it's the QH5??? It has a round frame. $270 including tax. Got home and put it on. I'm sure it'll make attaching my implements way easier. Inquired about a RCR1242 rotary cutter, about $1500 plus tax. Salesman said some people have used the 4' ones on the BX, it can handle it ok from what he's heard....
QH05 here for my bx2380. I think a qh10 would've fit also. (but I wanted the smallest/cheapest/lightest one possible,.

We must've bought 2 of the last. Those models are not being made anymore.

You'll enjoy it.

TractorTime

Equipment
B2601
Jul 7, 2022
United States
I put the pallet forks on my B2601 and hoisted some solar panels and an attic fan on to the roof of my house. Much safer than trying to juggle that heavy stuff on a ladder. Pallet forks are a must-have!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Grandma15240

Equipment
KubotaZ421KWT-60
Jul 25, 2022
Texas
Took my Z421-60” mower to the welding shop to find this out….caused by the brackets being welded on uneven at the factory ! About 1/2 to 3/4 “ difference from one side to the others! Two weeks past warranty! Quality control guy musta been out to lunch !
58636AF3-3B01-4796-BB6B-7B8660C98FFD.jpeg

• Sad

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
QH05 here for my bx2380. I think a qh10 would've fit also. (but I wanted the smallest/cheapest/lightest one possible,.

We must've bought 2 of the last. Those models are not being made anymore.

You'll enjoy it.
There were 4 on the floor, first one was already sold. They have at least 2 left. At least last 2 of serial # is same as my birth year….

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Dealer delivered our 2680 with R14 tires as they did not have turf tires. Turf tires came in and the dealer brought them over and installed them today. Ride is a bit better.

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Took my Z421-60” mower to the welding shop to find this out….caused by the brackets being welded on uneven at the factory ! About 1/2 to 3/4 “ difference from one side to the others! Two weeks past warranty! Quality control guy musta been out to lunch ! View attachment 84222
What part is that? The part that holds the deck? I have the Z422 and will be checking those welds on mine!

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
That inverter is a good idea! If I do one I think I’ll install it inside the canopy so rain, etc won’t get into it.

I suggest you install a fusible link or, fuse or C.B. on that “hot” lead to the inverter.

What do you use the inverter for?
Probably not a bad idea, rarely out in the weather though.
Mostly for a small weed wacker when mowing, but
will come in handy for any small AC item.

Virtual Guy

Equipment
Kubota L2501, loader, Land Pride box blade and grapple, John Deere MX5 cutter
Jul 17, 2022
Osage County Oklahoma
I made it really shiny!

By that I mean I didn't do a final check that all the hydraulic fittings were tight before I pressure tested my 3rd function kit. What a mess.

The good news is that it was a simple fix and my 3rd function kit is installed. I don't have a grapple so can't really test it yet.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
No pictures, because i didnt want to hop off the machine. It rain a ton over the last little bit so the 40 tons of fill i got dropped of got pretty hard..... (been raising up some of my property to help with drainage). Drove up the pile to use the bucket to dig in and pull some dirt down. Well wouldnt you know it my BB dug in.. had to lock the diff, put it in 4L and just let the cutting edge wreck a chunk of yard. it was raised up as far as it goes but the loss ground clearance can be an issue. Normally when i do work like that I put the BH on because its higher up and closer to the machine therefore allowing a better climb angle on the dirt pile.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada

I regret not getting the QH05 when i got my machine i waited a year; wow does it ever make it easy to swap things around. i do recommend setting everything on pallets. makes it easier to like up the lower pin hooks. i moved some stuff around in the spring; I used to use my bucket and a chain to pick up 3pt stuff.. now i jsut back up, hook on and go.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I bought a QH05 last fall, and it is still in my trailer. My Kubota weight box won't fit on it, so it is kind of useless to me. I have to either buy a new weight box or get rid of the quick hitch.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
You have the 534 loader, right? Can't be MUCH difference in that and the 535, but rather than having the valve up front by the cowl, the FEL valve on the LX is down under the seat platform with a VERY long stick. The 3rd function still installs up on the FEL mount, though, meaning a rather long hose on the PB line. Don't have one yet, but pricing them and debating putting it on myself. I'm not afraid of mechanical work, but do have some musculoskeletal issues that make some things hard for me to do these days. I'm certainly not interested in pulling that back wheel/tire off. It has ballast, and probably weighs close to 700 lbs. I'm screwed if it falls over. The valves are pricey, but like the rest of the tractor, I can see where a lot of work would get a lot easier with a grapple. Better yet, the missus gave me the green flag to get a grapple. Now to decide what I want. Don't wanna overload the FEL with it, so extreme duty probably isn't necessary. I want to be able to pick up the volume of stuff, not spend all my hydraulics on picking up the grapple.

I'll have to correct myself. The ammo cans I used are 50 cal, not 30 cal. Mounted the second one on the RH post of the ROPS outside using existing holes in the ROPS. My 20 foot 3/8" chain fits in there nicely, along with all my clevises and chain related stuff. Haven't painted it yet, though. Gotta get some more orange paint.
I installed the Kubota 3rd function on my LX. Took me the better part of an afternoon. Very straightforward but my tires aren’t loaded. I understand your concern but for what my dealer wanted to install it I’d still take the risk.

Plenty of good grapples to be had. I wouldn’t be too concerned about the weight. Mine is 300 pounds (Virnig 60”) and still picks up more than I need it to. I’m clearing out over 100 downed tornado trees and the only time it struggles is when what I am trying to lift is too big to safely move anyway.

I was also looking at an ammo can bolted to the loader frame for carrying a chain. Any worry about the bolts pulling through the can with the weight of the chain and bouncing around?

Last edited:

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I installed the Kubota 3rd function on my LX. Took me the better part of an afternoon. Very straightforward but my tires aren’t loaded. I understand your concern but for what my dealer wanted to install it I’d still take the risk.

Plenty of good grapples to be had. I wouldn’t be too concerned about the weight. Mine is 300 (Virnig 60”) pounds and still picks up more than I need it to. I’m clearing out over 100 downed tornado trees and the only time it struggles is when what I am trying to lift is too bog to safely move anyway.

I was also looking at an ammo can bolted to the loader frame for carrying a chain. Any worry about the bolts pulling through the can with the weight of the chain and bouncing around?
I was thinking about attaching some horizontal strut channel to the ROPS using ubolts and then bolting a strut shelf to the horizontal strut using 90 degree brackets and then sitting a Ridgid weatherproof toolbox on top. I thought about the ammo can but I also had the same concerns you have.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Finished the last of my stump grinding for the season. I walked my now cleared woods and staked all the remaining cedar and buckthorn stumps that were not visible and ground them down. Managed to get another 15 or so... Not sure how I missed them all.

Now I can return the stump grinder I borrowed and add my Pats QH and Woods BB to grade the area I just cleared and prep it for grass or wood chips.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Finished the last of my stump grinding for the season. I walked my now cleared woods and staked all the remaining cedar and buckthorn stumps that were not visible and ground them down. Managed to get another 15 or so... Not sure how I missed them all.

Now I can return the stump grinder I borrowed and add my Pats QH and Woods BB to grade the area I just cleared and prep it for grass or wood chips.

Arduous work ridding property of stumps but well worth the effort you went to. Good job!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Mowed about 6 acres with my rotary cutter. These areas hadn’t been cut before so it was slow going. Many stumps were rotted so the cutter pulled them from the ground.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

Plenty of good grapples to be had. I wouldn’t be too concerned about the weight. Mine is 300 pounds (Virnig 60”) and still picks up more than I need it to. I’m clearing out over 100 downed tornado trees and the only time it struggles is when what I am trying to lift is too big to safely move anyway.

Nah, no worries at all. I put fender washers under the bolt heads inside the can, and it's pulled up tight against the ROPS so it can't really move (which is how things come apart). The 1" box beam bracket I made really turned out strong. Pretty sure I posted some photos of the brackets in here somewhere. I just matched the tilt angle of the ROPS with the vertical arm, and then leveled the bottom part, welded it, then ground the welds smooth. I threaded 3 short 1/4-20 bolts into the bottom tube through clearance holes along the bottom edge of the can, then through-drilled the can and bracket for the bolts that go through the existing holes in the ROPS below the hinge. I put the bolts on with aircraft (nylock) nuts to keep 'em from falling off even if the bolts get loose. It'll take longer to empty the cans than it will to tighten the bolts back up.

My tires ARE loaded, AND oversized R-14T's (because I originally intended to put a backhoe on it). As big as they are, they'd be STOOPID heavy. I don't think I can handle one of those things by myself, and finding that out when I take the last bolt out is NOT the time to come to that realization. I think I can do it by taking the seat off if I'm careful with the seat switch wiring, or maybe just yank the quick-hitch off and do it from the backside of the tractor. I've got pretty long arms, as long as there isn't too much shoulder strain involved. I certainly don't want to tear a rotator cuff (again). Twice on the right and once on the left is enough.

I'm also looking at some kits that combine the 3rd function with a couple rear remotes too, which means only one supply (PB) and one return line (T) to handle all three functions I want to add. My only gripe about them is the FEL boom mounted hoses are all rubber, not rigid. PB and T lines go to one place (no TEES or extra banjos), which means longer hoses from there back to the FEL mount for the 3rd function, but the valve body mounts on the ROPS where the Kubota remotes product does making the Remote hoses/fittings very short. That arrangement would be good for top/tilt and 3rd function. Wonder if I can get the boom-side plumbing from Kubota (I just like the idea of rigid lines) and the valve kit that I've been admiring. Good price on it for 3 valves. Hydraulics valves are bloody expensive.

I'm looking at something for picking up leaves, deadfall, and debris, nothing heavy, but a LOT of it. I don't mind multiple trips or sawing things up so the tractor can handle it. I have no intention of trying to push stumps out of the ground with it. That's why I have a sub-soiler and a stump bucket and other techniques to remove most anything up to 12 inches diameter. The one I'm admiring most at the moment is about 242 lbs. A bit light, but it's not something I'm going to buy to try to make a living with. It'll have application for a long time because I move tons of leaves every year, and a light one wrapped with chicken wire would do well for that. It is a root-rake clamshell style, but I'm not so sure I'd tackle many roots with it, certainly not some of the mower killers in my yard.

gs1s

Equipment
L2501 HST; Rhinohide Canopy, Wicked Tooth Bar, Pat's Easy Change
Jan 10, 2022
Texas

I put my Pat's on this morning!