Daily Chuckle

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have no problem paying road taxes, but when the original legislation that was passed to use the Federal Excise taxes to pay for highways was diverted from highways to mass transit. President Richard M. Nixon signed the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1973 leading to its demise, and it continues till this day supporting mass transit instead of highways.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Well yo dont live inthe keystone, better know as the land of potholes,,, there is so much graft in this state you wouldnt believe, there isnt a highway construction company that doesnt have an elected figures finger in the pie some place. And I like everyone else, doesnt mind paying the taxes IF the money goes where it is suppose to, sadly that doesnt happen, and people keep voting the same people back in. When the new governor took office, the first thing he did was raise the gas tax to the highest inthe country. SO they could fix the bridges and roads,,, it aint happend yet for the most part
I live in Chanceford Township, York County, Pennsylvania. Read this article from 4 years ago. Some of these washed out bridges haven't been touched yet. The small village of Lucky, mentioned in the article, has both of its roads closed forcing the residents to travel miles to get around the closures. If this kind of damage would have been in Philadelphia, it would have been repaired the next day, but our few votes don't matter. With the highest gas taxes, do you think these people enjoy burning more fuel for the wonderful service they get?

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just a reminder, this is the daily chuckle thread. I would hate to see it get locked and makes me regret replying to the posted meme. I come to this thread for a good laugh.

Reactions: 6 users

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
It's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity...

Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
A priest, a drunk and a visiting LSU engineer in France were scheduled to be executed on the Guillotine. The priest went first and the executioner asked if he wanted to face up or down during the execution. The priest said he wanted to face up so he could look to the heaven from which he got his inspiration. They placed his head in the slot and dropped the guillotine which sped towards his unprotected neck but suddenly stopped 6" short of the priest's neck. Under the rules of the State this was determined "Divine Intervention" and the priest was pardoned and set free.

The drunk went next and he also chose to look up thinking if it worked for the priest it might work for him and lo and behold the same thing happened with the blade stopping just short of his neck so he was also freed.

The LSU engineer also chose to face up but just before the executioner released the rope the Tiger fan said "Hey, I guess you know you've got a loose bolt head sticking out in the track over here on the right side."

Last edited:
  • Haha

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Here is a good example of the difference between friendship between men and women:

A woman does not come home one night and tells her husband she was too tired to drive so slept over at a friends house. Her husband calls her 10 best friends and ask them and all 10 deny knowing anything about it.

A man does not come home and tells his wife the same thing and she calls 10 good friends of his and 8 confirm he spent the night with them at their place and the other 2 tell her he is still there.

• Haha