BX fuel tank strainer

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I was filling up the other day and when I finished I pulled the tea strainer out to see if anything was in there. Sure enough I see three little specks. I pulled the strainer and hit it against a paper towel in my hand. It was three gnats! Wondering how they got in there I realized they probably got in the hose of my battery operated pump that I hang on the garage wall when done. Now I put a piece of paper towel in the hose to keep anything out of there. Nice to see its doing its job!

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I think this is the one for the BX2380 or any other tractor that has something that stops the filter from going down, it is tapered and should fit past the neck. I am going to give it a try.
That's the one I got after purchasing one that had no taper. With the 80 series it needs to be tapered or it may not fit.. if it does go down past the lip in the tank neck you may not get it back out easily.

Has the gasket but I did not use it.
089E61FA-3C75-46B5-8052-359E0D0A6242.png

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I was filling up the other day and when I finished I pulled the tea strainer out to see if anything was in there. Sure enough I see three little specks. I pulled the strainer and hit it against a paper towel in my hand. It was three gnats! Wondering how they got in there I realized they probably got in the hose of my battery operated pump that I hang on the garage wall when done. Now I put a piece of paper towel in the hose to keep anything out of there. Nice to see its doing its job!
Instead of putting a piece of paper towel in the hose nozzle try getting a wine bottle cork or a rubber bottle stopper and use it. The paper towel could shed some very small fibers and get by the mesh screen and accumulate in the filter. Paper towel fibers can be very difficult to see when wet, particularly with died diesel fuel. The same thing can happen if you use a rag to stop up the hose nozzle.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Bought this one. Fits good.
Just checked this filter, and the price is now $23.99 and that is with a 20% discount applied to the cost at checkout. That is more than double the $9.99 that was paid for it last year. I did a little more digging around and I found one that is slightly less at $17.99 after the 20% discount. It appears to be the same tapered filter as the County Line Kitchen filter which was quite inexpensive last year. Should have ordered it back then, but forgot about it after having my surgery and not getting on the tractor for a few months. Toda;y I noticed some unknown black "stuff" stuck to the bottom of my diesel can. I was able to scratch it a little bit and it flaked off. Now I am concerned about getting contamination into my fuel tank. Any suggestion on how to rid the fuel can of the black "stuff" which I suspect might be mold? It didn't dissolve in the little fuel that was at the bottom of the container.

Cold Brew Filter for Mason Jar Wide Mouth Coffee Maker, UPGRADED Stainless Steel Mesh with 2 Silicone Seals (1 Quart 32 Ounces)

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
If you are able to get the can acceptability clean enough to use it again I suggest using a Mr. Funnel to filter the fuel as you pour it into the tractor.

Also, it is possible that the crud you knocked loose is actually alge and a good brocade is the order of the day.

As a side note, I use acetone at the rate of one ounce per three gallons of diesel to absorb moisture. Alge cannot form without water and acetone prevents water from forming at the bottom of the can and in the fuel tank. YEMV