ZD21 Electrical Issue

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Thanks Dustyx2,
This should fix my issue
I can't remember the price for the JD AM107421 kit, but in my case it's always less trouble and about the same cost to get the kit, as it almost completely bolts on, as opposed to having to get a cheap chinese relay, some wires, and several packs of differing connectors. An 87 relay at the local parts store is about $20 now, plus a roll of wire and the terminals. If you already have the stuff that's great. I usually don't. And now, the way things are, if you have to make multiple trips to the parts store to get more stuff, that will add into the cost too--I'm 1.6 miles away but absolutely hate making more trips than necessary, especially now with diesel being $5.50/gal. The truck does not move unless I go to work.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
My bad on earlier test for voltage at the starter solenoid, I hadn't connected the seat safety switch. After connecting the seat safety switch I am getting 10.8 volts at the starter solenoid. I installed the new shut down solenoid also. I started the engine by jumping the solenoid and was able to shut off using the key.
Looks like I need to order that low voltage relay.
You wouldn't happen to have the part number for the low voltage relay would you?

Thanks for all the help!
I read it to mean he was looking for a low voltage relay. Next to the last sentence.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
I read it to mean he was looking for a low voltage relay. Next to the last sentence.
He is. When you said you took your old one in and got a replacement I took it as you took your old starter relay in and got a new one. A misunderstanding.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
He is. When you said you took your old one in and got a replacement I took it as you took your old starter relay in and got a new one. A misunderstanding.
No problem. Lots of solutions being discussed here. Hard to keep up. As I said in my first post, my issue was a safety switch. The switch was good, but debris wouldn’t allow the switch to operate properly. A lot of thing to check when there is a problem on the zero turn mowers. Have a good day.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
No problem. Lots of solutions being discussed here. Hard to keep up. As I said in my first post, my issue was a safety switch. The switch was good, but debris wouldn’t allow the switch to operate properly. A lot of thing to check when there is a problem on the zero turn mowers. Have a good day.
I'm still not sure what part you replaced. You are not wrong about zero turns. There is a lot going on there, and not that easy to diagnose until you understand the system.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I'm still not sure what part you replaced. You are not wrong about zero turns. There is a lot going on there, and not that easy to diagnose until you understand the system.
I didn’t have to replace the blade safety switch. There was a debris build up between the lever and the swictch which was not allowing the switch to make/break. Of course, the switch tested ok because I pushed the lever by hand when I tested it. Then I noticed the debris, blew it out and all was well.

sorry, the low voltage relay was in the tractor. It failed, I took it to NAPA and they had them in stock. If he is looking for a LV relay, that’s usually a quick place to get one.