Leak and slippage

Arashishozen

Equipment
Kabuta MX5100D LA844
Jun 19, 2022
Woodbury, TN, USA
My qife's grandfather has a tractor, and as title says, there is some leakage from the trans, and he (g pa) says it seems like the trans is slipping. I don't know anything about tractors. I know it's a MX5100D with a LA844.
He had an issue in the past with some sort of valve body? But in terms of hours, (for the part) should still be like new. I tried searching but I don't know which transmission is in this. The leak looks like it might be coming from the two metal lines that go into the trans, and leaking down the case. Are there any seals for those lines? Could low fluid cause slippage like an Automatic car trans?

WoodKutter

Equipment
L4600 John Deere 750, John Deere 420
Apr 15, 2022
Vermont and Northern Maine
One of the first things to do is check the hydraulic oil dipstick which is behind the seat above the pto. See where the oil level is when level. Report back with that info and what type transmission (hst or gear)

Arashishozen

Equipment
Kabuta MX5100D LA844
Jun 19, 2022
Woodbury, TN, USA
I checked behind the seat, and found the sight glass for the level. It is not at the window, so it is obviously low, but I do know it is leaking. There is a HST sticker on the back. So I assume that means it is a HST transmission?