What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
DD, it's nice to see that you pay a lot of attention to detail. It's becoming a lost art among the service industry providers today. I just bet you sleep well at night too!

Reactions: 2 users

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
And you could too. My neighbor on 160 acres just put the 46 acre section next to me on the market for $925k. It's a lovely spot and I'm sure someone will snap it up. I would love to buy it, but as a single guy on one income it's out of my price range. I've been able to enjoy it for the past 8 years without footing the bill, but it's disappointing that my neighbor, who lives in PA and who certainly doesn't need the money, has decided to sell it.
Wow, $20,000 an acre. No thanks, I love my home in northern MI.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Only 130,000 per acres. Ain't no poor folks in Pound Ridge, NY

$2,000,000
15.44 Acres
Rolling Meadow Lane, Pound Ridge, NY 10576

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
DD, it's nice to see that you pay a lot of attention to detail. It's becoming a lost art among the service industry providers today. I just bet you sleep well at night too!
Thanks for the kind words Forky. I try to do a good job for people and find that if you're just nice to them, it sets the tone for the whole job...making the whole thing go much easier.

The funny thing about this job is when I showed up Sunday morning, the home owner came out wearing a hat with the logo of a farm that I used to work for (40 years ago). Then it dawned on me why this gentlemen seemed so familiar...we both worked for that farmer and I did remember him (he's in his 80's). We had some good laughs Sunday afternoon. We shared some pretty interesting memories from that farm.

There are still some good, honest people out there. You just need to be lucky enough to find them. I suppose that was the take home message from that job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Today I removed the backhoe from my BX23S for the first time. Mounted the three point hitch and the new box blade. Eventually put the backhoe back on. All that went relatively smoothly. The telescoping stabilizer bars makes it a lot easier to attach an implement ... I realized I could pull the pins, get everything attached, raise the implement, and with it in the air I can center it and then put the pins in the stabilizer bars. I am glad that I bought the telescoping bars right out of the gate and never once had to deal with turnbuckles.

EDIT: I suppose you can accomplish the same thing by disconnecting the pins or shackles on implement end, so the telescoping bars don't really provide as much of an advantage, provided you don't use cotter pins. Still, I thought it was a good example of "out of the box (blade)" thinking.

I played around with the box blade both on rough ground and on my driveway, then headed over to my future flower garden. I removed a fair number of larger rocks (>1 foot) and a bunch of small ones. I'd run the box with the scarifiers all the way down and then go back and carry the rocks to the side by hand. I don't know how well a landscape rake would handle the larger rocks, but I sure could use one now. Tractor is now parked though because I'm over-due on the 50 hour service and the engine oil filter isn't coming off easily.
IMG_20220607_132037_01.jpg IMG_20220607_150541_01.jpg IMG_20220608_125659100_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
My L6060 was down 1.5 liters. The plugs were still painted over, so the dealer never checked them.
What did you top it off with? SUDT2? (I'm about to do my 50hr service and will be checking the same and expect to need to top it off)

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
...The plugs were still painted over, so the dealer never checked them.
That would be a quick check, if the plug is painted over, it only has what the factory puts in it. Which is NOT much.

I think they put SUDT in the axle from the factory, I would drain whatever was in there (there's no filter so it just grinds up any metal flakes) and replace with Gear Lube; in whatever flavor you like... (75/90 80/whatever....)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That would be a quick check, if the plug is painted over, it only has what the factory puts in it. Which is NOT much.

I think they put SUDT in the axle from the factory, I would drain whatever was in there (there's no filter so it just grinds up any metal flakes) and replace with Gear Lube; in whatever flavor you like... (75/90 80/whatever....)
I posted this back in February.

" I spoke with the manager at the local dealer and he stated that the tractors come from Japan with 80-90W in the front axle. They have to bolt on some parts that won't fit in the crate and top off with more 80-90W oil. He mentioned that they always recommend staying with 80-90W for the front axle because the viscosity is higher and it tends not to leak as quickly if a tear develops in one of the seals. "

I just removed the fill plug and check plug from the front axle of the MX and the smell confirms gear oil rather than SUDT. For the record, the level is right up to the bottom of the check plug hole. The local dealer always does a great job!

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was offered $100K for one of my acres in N AZ last fall.
If that acre is anywhere near the North Rim of the GC I'm interested! :ROFLMAO: The Kaibab Plateau is the best part of AZ as far as I'm concerned, just gorgeous. Just my opinion so don't get bent out of shape if you live in other parts of AZ. ;)

gs1s

Equipment
L2501 HST; Rhinohide Canopy, Wicked Tooth Bar, Pat's Easy Change
Jan 10, 2022
Texas
I spent my day mowing my trail system and the area around my little wildlife pond with the 6 foot Landpride cutter. The pond is doing well after putting down the sodium bentonite. Water level rose 3 inches with the 1 1/4 rain last night. Very happy with the performance of both the L2501 and Landpride cutter. The ride is a lot nicer than I was used to with my B7100.

View attachment 81422 View attachment 81423 View attachment 81421
How does the 6' handle behind the L2501? Have same tractor and was considering a 6' but worried about performance. A neighbor just gave me(!) a 30+ year old John Deere (wrong color, I know) 5' cutter that will work for now.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
How does the 6' handle behind the L2501? Have same tractor and was considering a 6' but worried about performance. A neighbor just gave me(!) a 30+ year old John Deere (wrong color, I know) 5' cutter that will work for now.
So far I have been totally happy with the performance. I too was worried about how a 6 foot cutter would perform behind my L2501. I just returned from my land and spent two hours cutting blackberry brambles and other invasive species in my native seeding area. I cut in medium range (hst transmission) set the tach as close to the middle of the yellow pto band range. To be fair , I have not cut super high dense grasses. I have cut 12 to 14 inch high wet cool season grass. At that point I increased the rpm's to the high side of the yellow band. The type of cutting I do does not lend itself to high speed travel. Some have said 6 foot is too wide for my tractor, but to be honest I prefer the cutter being about 6 or 7 inches wider on each side.

gs1s

Equipment
Jan 10, 2022
Texas
Good stuff. Maybe if/when this freebie JD 5 footer gives out I'll look to try out a 6 footer before replacing. Just in a weekend of use, I got into some thick bermuda and bahia (I'm in Texas), wet from morning dew, and felt like it was bogging down. I still need to fiddle with the setup.

If your L2501 is newer and close by, any chance I could convince you to measure the distance between the ROPS (inside measurement) near the hinge? Looking to order a RhinoHide canopy and my tractor is an hour and a half away. The increased seat time with my new (to me) mower plus 100 degree temps arriving this weekend means I need a canopy ASAP.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Good stuff. Maybe if/when this freebie JD 5 footer gives out I'll look to try out a 6 footer before replacing. Just in a weekend of use, I got into some thick bermuda and bahia (I'm in Texas), wet from morning dew, and felt like it was bogging down. I still need to fiddle with the setup.

If your L2501 is newer and close by, any chance I could convince you to measure the distance between the ROPS (inside measurement) near the hinge? Looking to order a RhinoHide canopy and my tractor is an hour and a half away. The increased seat time with my new (to me) mower plus 100 degree temps arriving this weekend means I need a canopy ASAP.
I purchased mine new in fall of 2019. I will measure it next time to the land. Will not be tomorrow , three new roofs being installed after a April hail storm. I should be down Saturday. Perhaps someone will chime in with that measurement before? :)

gs1s

Equipment
Jan 10, 2022
Texas
I purchased mine new in fall of 2019. I will measure it next time to the land. Will not be tomorrow , three new roofs being installed after a April hail storm. I should be down Saturday. Perhaps someone will chime in with that measurement before? :)
Sorry about the hail and good luck with the roof installs. If you (or anyone else) could get that measurement before the 17th (next time I'm at my property), I'd appreciate it.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020

The width at the hinge,. inside, is 35", just above the hinge plate is 35 1/2. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Grabbed a couple gallons of UDT at the dealer to top up the fluid I lost during the 50 hour service.

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Installed gutter drains today.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
08DD9B03-71D6-459B-9344-DAFF08591CE8.jpeg
3FA1CCDC-453C-42BD-9048-3AC4F2F3E91A.jpeg
6F6E0A5C-8236-45A2-838F-AA98BB31B0BE.jpeg

It was kind of a weird day. Took off work to take the camper to the dealer for a mandatory annual warranty inspection. I usually wait with it and do some computer work while I’m waiting. Got there and they said there was a mix up so they’d take it but it would be Tuesday before they could get it back to me unless we REALLY needed it for a trip or something. I could have gotten all stupid about it but they’ve been decent to us in the past and we don’t need it for a while so there was no reason to do anything other than drop it and head home. My father is in the hospital so I took him some stuff he wanted and visited with him a bit. Thought about going on to work but didn’t feel like it and had the whole day scheduled off so went home.

Got home about lunchtime and asked wife what, if anything, she wanted to do together. She said, “It’s your day off and I don’t have anything to do today that can’t wait until tomorrow so whatever you want. Might be a good day to look at Airstreams.” I say, “We’ve been together 33 years. You know I’m very literal and hints don’t work. You want to go look at Airstreams?” She, “No, that was just a suggestion; we’ll do whatever you want.” Me, “In that case I’m trimming trees.” She, “I’ll meet you outside in a little while.”

45 minutes later I hear the faint sound of the Mule starting. I took the pole saw and loppers but left her the Mule because I’m not a total jerk. Put down the pole saw and got my phone out. 30 seconds later it rings, “Where ARE you??” “Field by the road. East end.” “What are you doing there? Didn’t you hear I wanted to look at Airstreams?” “You’ve known me 33 years. You know hints don’t work. I smell like the inside of a shoe now. I’m trimming trees.”

So we trimmed trees. Apparently Golden Rain Trees don’t self prune, at least not quick enough for my liking. So we trimmed the dead stuff out of them. Then all the dead limbs and dead little trees along the driveway and a few around the yards.

Cleaned up about 80% of it with the grapple. Was planning to put the chipper on and chip some of the bigger stuff in place rather than cutting it smaller to fit down the trails to the brush piles and then hauling it to be chipped later. Wife doesn’t like me chipping alone (can’t really argue much with that) and she was looking pretty gassed (90* and humid) so the chipping will wait for the weekend.

If we still hauled brush with the pickup and piled it up to rot without chipping, I don’t know how much of this we would have done.

Reactions: 3 users