top link hook??

dave11270725

Jun 8, 2022
canada
Hello,

I purchased a grader for my LT4701 and the previous owner welded in a sold metal piece into the place where the top link connects. It now needs a hook to connect the top link joint to the grader. My current top Link has the standard join the requires peg slipped in with cotter pin holding it. in place. I am wondering if there is a joint I can swap out that has a hook on it? I would just unscrew the pin joint from my current top link and screw in a joint with hook on it. anyone heard of something like this?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Hello,

I purchased a grader for my LT4701 and the previous owner welded in a sold metal piece into the place where the top link connects. It now needs a hook to connect the top link joint to the grader. My current top Link has the standard join the requires peg slipped in with cotter pin holding it. in place. I am wondering if there is a joint I can swap out that has a hook on it? I would just unscrew the pin joint from my current top link and screw in a joint with hook on it. anyone heard of something like this?
This piece is welded on the blade attachment? Sounds like the previous owner used it with a quick hitch. A picture would help.

Reactions: 1 user

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Sounds like the previous owner had a quick hitch on his tractor. Is the original hole for the top link still there on the blade? If so, can you cut off the hook and go back to the original set up?

dave11270725

Jun 8, 2022
canada
it doesn't look like a quick hitch set-up to me?? maybe im wrong though. he super welded this on there. I dont have a cut off torch and looks like it may be hard to get a cut off wheel in there. what kind of files can I upload here?? damn iPhone photos are saying too large.

dave11270725

Jun 8, 2022
canada
ok..thats definitely what the welded piece on the implement is for now. is there a way to connect to these without the quick connect and just the toppling and use my current lower links?

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Not that I know of. I'd personally buy a quick hitch, or find a local weld shop or friend that has a torch to cut them off.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
ok..thats definitely what the welded piece on the implement is for now. is there a way to connect to these without the quick connect and just the toppling and use my current lower links?
Can you do like Benjamin suggested and cut off the added piece, leaving the original hole?