Strange popping sound in right rear

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
On my B7510 at low speed there is a strange popping sound coming from the right rear wheel / hub area.
I have wheel weights on it so it is difficult to tell if anything is loose.
just looking for any advice.
thank you.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Can you see any fine brown dust around the wheel bolts/nuts, or the wheel it's self. The dust is a sign of movement. Also can you get someone else to drive it while you walk beside it, or even jack it up and turn the wheel by hand. A small mirror works well for looking in to places you can't normally see.

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
Can you see any fine brown dust around the wheel bolts/nuts, or the wheel it's self. The dust is a sign of movement. Also can you get someone else to drive it while you walk beside it, or even jack it up and turn the wheel by hand. A small mirror works well for looking in to places you can't normally see.
Thank you for the fine dust idea. I was waiting for a little help to remove the wheel weights and check all of bolts. I am hoping that it’s something loose on the outside.
Thanks again.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
On my B7510 at low speed there is a strange popping sound coming from the right rear wheel / hub area.
I have wheel weights on it so it is difficult to tell if anything is loose.
just looking for any advice.
thank you.
Tighten the axle hub clamps.

They must be very tight.

SDT

Reactions: 1 users

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Glad you found the problem. I’ve had to rethink how I do maintenance lately. Rather than follow the maintenance required by hours used, I now check all critical fasteners on a regular basis. Especially drive line fasteners.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Great call on the axle hub clamps.
the right side was loose.
I know I torqued them when I moved the hubs out.
I tightened both sides and all is good.

Thank you for the advice.
You need to check them once in awhile.

Don't allow them to loosen for long as doing so wears both hubs and axles.

Long term operation with loose hubs wiill eventually wear hubs and axles enough such that they cannot be properly tightened.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user