Fuel supply problem

Kbtaman65

Equipment
M5040
May 20, 2022
Marion NC
M5040 is still have a fuel supply problem. I can get it started after bleeding the air and it runs fine for a few minutes. If I put it under any kind of load. It begins to sputter and will eventually die. I've completely cleaned out the fuel system. This started after I stalled the tractor while plowing my garden

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I mention this often. Because it such an easy item to check, I will mention it again. Are the breathers in your fuel cap plugged? Try starting and running with the cap loose. No air into the tank, no fuel out

Kbtaman65

Equipment
M5040
May 20, 2022
Marion NC
I mention this often. Because it such an easy item to check, I will mention it again. Are the breathers in your fuel cap plugged? Try starting and running with the cap loose. No air into the tank, no fuel out
Thank you for your reply. I did check the fuel cap and that wasn't the problem.

Kbtaman65

Equipment
M5040
May 20, 2022
Marion NC
M5040 is still have a fuel supply problem. I can get it started after bleeding the air and it runs fine for a few minutes. If I put it under any kind of load. It begins to sputter and will eventually die. I've completely cleaned out the fuel system. This started after I stalled the tractor while plowing my garden
I figured out my problem. My fuel line from the tank to the water separator under the floor board was collapsing. Apparently a rat had chewed on the line enough that it weakened it to the point it would collapse but not enough that it would leak or suck air.

Reactions: 5 users

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Apparently a rat had chewed on the line enough that it weakened it to the point it would collapse but not enough that it would leak or suck air.
Great catch! Thanks for posting the fix.

Reactions: 1 user