service ??????

Stuart Dancer

Equipment
l3710d
Jan 28, 2017
pioneer calif u.s.a.
Icannot find where you ask for help on a repair or how to fix a prob.I knoihave seen it in the past but cannot find it now,If its gas can fix diesel.computer gone.Any way my prob is L3710 all of a sudden will drop to 800 rpm and will no accelerate just a put put put/and will die start right up but no rpms to move tractor will die checked all up to lift pump has fuel changed lift pump same prob/Can any help? (email removed by mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Icannot find where you ask for help on a repair or how to fix a prob.I knoihave seen it in the past but cannot find it now,If its gas can fix diesel.computer gone.Any way my prob is L3710 all of a sudden will drop to 800 rpm and will no accelerate just a put put put/and will die start right up but no rpms to move tractor will die checked all up to lift pump has fuel changed lift pump same prob/Can any help ( email removed by mod )
Stuart
People give advice by posting a reply to your post not by sending you emails.
The forum moderators do not want emails post in public areas because they attract spam bots.
Suggest you edit your post and remove your email.

A L3710 is a simple diesel no electronics.
In the past we have seen instances where gasoline was put into a diesel tractors fuel tank.
Generally, completely draining the tank is a good first step as it will get id of any slime growing in the fuel, any piece of plastic which gets sucked up against the outlet and blocks fuel flow and any incompatible fuel.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Try loosening your gas tank filler-cap. It‘s possible the “vent” is plugged/clogged and fuel cannot leave the tank because of the vacuum formed when the engine draws fuel.

If your engine no longer dies with a loose fuel filler cap…that’s likely the problem.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
It's also a possibility that you have debris/bacteria in your fuel tank, and the fuel outlet is getting clogged- starving the engine of fuel.
A simple diesel needs two things to run- air and fuel. Disrupt one of those, and it affects how it runs, if at all.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Icannot find where you ask for help on a repair or how to fix a prob.I knoihave seen it in the past but cannot find it now,If its gas can fix diesel.computer gone.Any way my prob is L3710 all of a sudden will drop to 800 rpm and will no accelerate just a put put put/and will die start right up but no rpms to move tractor will die checked all up to lift pump has fuel changed lift pump same prob/Can any help? (email removed by mod)
Stuart, Perhaps you can find someone to help rewrite your issue. Its confusing. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user