New to Kubota... well, new to tractors at all. Need assistance identifying a FEL.

prcapone

Equipment
L260
May 21, 2022
Missouri
I just purchased a 1976 L260 in really good shape with one exception. One of the hydraulic lifts is leaking like a sieve and I would like to stop it but... I have no clue what brand the loader is. Wondering if someone recognizes this loader.

It looks like the original color was a much darker yellow than it currently is. The only identifying mark I can see on it is the serial number which starts with the letters KB which would indicate, to me, that this FEL was either made for a Kubota tractor... or it IS a Kubota FEL and someone decided the sand blast and repaint it yellow.

Any assistance on this would be appreciated. I really need to get this lift working again so I can begin use of it on my farm.

Also... I paid $4,100 (delivered) for the tractor with the FEL and a 6ft blade. The tractor runs like a champ. Did I do ok?

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Aside from satisfying your curiosity, just take the cylinder to your local cylinder shop and have them rebuild it. They don't need to know who made it, at least my local cylinder guy doesn't. Might be a Kelly loader too.

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I second mcfarmall suggestion. Take off the cylinder and take it to your local shop and they can rebuild it and get back to you. We did that for our MF383 that had a leaking cylinder. Plus, the cost is cheaper than buying a new cylinder,

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Another thought might be to have that pair of cylinders rebuilt. That way they'll be starting out equal again.

Reactions: 2 users

prcapone

Equipment
L260
May 21, 2022
Missouri
Aside from satisfying your curiosity, just take the cylinder to your local cylinder shop and have them rebuild it. They don't need to know who made it, at least my local cylinder guy doesn't. Might be a Kelly loader too.
Thank you all for your suggestions and that is exactly what I will be doing since I can't find any info about this. I will say, though, that I did make out "Alberta Canada" on the sticker on the front of the loader. What front end loaders are made in Alberta Canada?