Help Identifying valves

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
I have an M7500DT with a FEL. I am not 100% sure if the FEL itself if OE, but the valves appear to be. I have a couple goals here, one is to find the correct control handles if they are not unreasonably expensive, and two is to add a 3rd valve to the stack if possible. Also, it would be beneficial if I can figure out what diameter/unit of measurement the fittings are, and what type of connection (I am guessing NTP or the 37* flare fittings I have seen mentioned a lot for hydraulics. I was figuring if I can add a 3rd valve I could plumb it to the end of the FEL for something like a grapple and to the rear to raise/lover implements like a plow/swather/etc. Thank you for your help!
IMG20220521110345.jpg
IMG20220521110339.jpg

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
The work port threads are likely M18x1.5 because the valves look very similar to mine. The pressure connection under the valve (line from pump to valve) is probably 1/2" BSPP, don't ask me why they have a mix of threads on the same valve....

The rest of the fittings could be anything. The only caution I'd say is not to use NPT if you can avoid it.

Much like you, I started out wanting to add another valve to the stack. I couldn't find enough information to be certain that I could stack another valve so instead I added a 3 spool valve (joystick plus spare spool... you never know when you might need it...) which has worked brilliantly. And guess what... I am now using all spools except one.

I hope you make everything surgically clean in the area before you start unscrewing things :)

Last edited:

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
I am mostly trying to figure out what I need to get together so I can do it in one go. That is good information and gives me a place to start, thank you!

Reactions: 1 user

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
Here to report that I ordered the valve, received it, and installed it this week. They forgot to send the power beyond adapter, so for now I have the tank return plugged. (I have double acting cylinders, so it is working ok, just a little slow maybe) They said they would send the part to me though. I don't have any pictures yet and I have not managed the lines super well yet, but I can now enter and exit the tractor from the right side, and the control levers do not stab me in the thigh!
For anyone who may need info on thread sizes in the future, here is what I used:
The threaded plug next to the red capped fill port for the transmission is M20x1.5. I adapted it to JIC for my tank return.
The hard line from the pump is M22x1.5 compression. I adapted it to JIC using a fitting, but I could have also got that end put on the hose (I wanted to make all my hoses the same standard of end)
The port on the bottom of that manifold block was a BSPP 1/2"
The ports on the top were M18x1.5.
Also, it looks like the FEL is an actual Kubota M1820. It is 5/8 JIC.
Looking forward to getting proper power beyond working! Thank you!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here to report that I ordered the valve, received it, and installed it this week. They forgot to send the power beyond adapter, so for now I have the tank return plugged. (I have double acting cylinders, so it is working ok, just a little slow maybe) They said they would send the part to me though. I don't have any pictures yet and I have not managed the lines super well yet, but I can now enter and exit the tractor from the right side, and the control levers do not stab me in the thigh!
For anyone who may need info on thread sizes in the future, here is what I used:
The threaded plug next to the red capped fill port for the transmission is M20x1.5. I adapted it to JIC for my tank return.
The hard line from the pump is M22x1.5 compression. I adapted it to JIC using a fitting, but I could have also got that end put on the hose (I wanted to make all my hoses the same standard of end)
The port on the bottom of that manifold block was a BSPP 1/2"
The ports on the top were M18x1.5.
Also, it looks like the FEL is an actual Kubota M1820. It is 5/8 JIC.
I am confused. Did you add a new section to the old valve or a new standalone valve? If a new valve how can you plug tank return and have anything work?

Dan

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
It is a new standalone valve similar to JohnDB's. Without the power beyond adapter the return to tank and PBO just get mixed together. If you plug the tank the side of the cylinder that is releasing fluid just gets forced through to the next valve in the system. If you have a single acting cylinder that wont really work, but with double acting it works, though it will probably be slower. Totally forgot to grab pictures of where I am at again, but oh well, I'll get there eventually.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It is a new standalone valve similar to JohnDB's. Without the power beyond adapter the return to tank and PBO just get mixed together. If you plug the tank the side of the cylinder that is releasing fluid just gets forced through to the next valve in the system. If you have a single acting cylinder that wont really work, but with double acting it works, though it will probably be slower. Totally forgot to grab pictures of where I am at again, but oh well, I'll get there eventually.
My confusion here is there is no power beyond just tank. Without the conversion sleeve the power beyond port (N) is just another tank outlet. So you have not actually plugged tank just two of the three tank outlets.

Dan

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
Correct. I plugged the tank outlet that was connected to the line that goes to the tank. I left the power beyond hose connected to the N port that was missing the sleeve adapter. So both explanations are technically correct. Which is the best kind of correct.

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Here to report that I ordered the valve, received it, and installed it this week.
Glad you got it going. Did you get the joystick + 3rd spool combination?

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
Yep! I got the hoses to get the 3rd spool to the loader arm, but I have not got it any further than that yet. The next stage is to get some hard lines run to near the bucket and replace the hoses that were used to replace the original hard lines in places. So far it is nice having the stick, and being able to get in on the right side.