Daily Chuckle

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When my daughter took horse riding lessons, they always walked the horse on the left side (the person's right side). They also mounted on the left side of the horse. So if that holds true, then the horse and person would be coming towards us.
The reason folks mounted of the left side was from old habits. Soldiers has a sword on their left side and could not raise that leg to mount the horse. Therefore the right leg was swung over the horses back to get on. The horse doesn't really care. It's all in the repetitive process of making them feel safe so they don't flee.

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
But then again if you zoom in on her bent arm it appears there may be some rolled up lead in her hand. So maybe she’s left handed. Lol
I think the horse is facing the camera and the girl is facing away.

Reactions: 1 user

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
8140E002-8813-4798-A6F1-BB44687F53BF.jpeg

Well at least there’s no burning ring of fire anymore.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I joined an exercise group and was told to wear loose fitting clothing. Heck, if had any loose fitting clothing i wouldnt have joined an exercise group.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
5K ?? Yup easy to believe but I would thread/tap the hole and screw a bolt/gasket washer in. Folks have been fixing fuel tanks like that for years.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
A lady walked into the local coffee shop and sat down in a booth behind one occupied by 3 men. She could not help but to hear their conversation, and as they continued, she realized that they were trying to spell a word.

First guy; I think it's spelled "whoom"

Second guy; No, no, I think there's some "R's" on the end; like "whoombrrrr"

Third guy, nope you're close but I think still wrong. I think it's spelled "wuuuuuum"

The lady could not help becoming amused as she realized what they were trying to spell. She got up to leave, turned to face them and said with a superior air; Gentlemen, I think you'll find that it's spelled "womb"! And she turned on her heel and strode our of the coffee shop with a smug smile on her face, triumphant that she got the best of 3 men. They watched in silence as she left.

First guy; Do you think she knew what she was talking about?

Second guy; Hah! I doubt it!

Third guy; I agree. I'll bet she's never even heard an elephant fart.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
5K ?? Yup easy to believe but I would thread/tap the hole and screw a bolt/gasket washer in. Folks have been fixing fuel tanks like that for years.
You forgot that government types require the fixing done from the inside out wearing sterilized wet suits and all stainless steel tools and 15 people watching while wearing hazmat suits. $5K seems a little light, where are the consultants fees and environmental assessments? Maybe they broke out the costs for retrieving the lead bullet from the water supply...

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
You forgot that government types require the fixing done from the inside out wearing sterilized wet suits and all stainless steel tools and 15 people watching while wearing hazmat suits. $5K seems a little light, where are the consultants fees and environmental assessments? Maybe they broke out the costs for retrieving the lead bullet from the water supply...
:D. They'll probably empty the tank and treat the water for lead contamination as well. Anyway, 5K is what the news reported, not me.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
So funny, but.
True story. Engineer refurbished industrial high tower (water tank). Under pressure from management the tower was put back in service several weeks before it was scheduled to be on-line.
Shortly there after a lab found something in the drinking water water. Serious investigation to find the root cause. Turns out the epoxy lining of the high tower had not fully cured and some nasty stuff leached out. The remediation cost was HUGH !
Sometimes it is better to do it right than to do it fast.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
So funny, but.
True story. Engineer refurbished industrial high tower (water tank). Under pressure from management the tower was put back in service several weeks before it was scheduled to be on-line.
Shortly there after a lab found something in the drinking water water. Serious investigation to find the root cause. Turns out the epoxy lining of the high tower had not fully cured and some nasty stuff leached out. The remediation cost was HUGH !
Sometimes it is better to do it right than to do it fast.
That is what my girlfriend says all the time. 😍

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Go to full screen. :oops:

Been to a lot of the places in that video. AWESOME vacation with the Missus. Beautiful country and could easily go back for another. I think one of the most memorable things I've ever done in my life was standing on the wall that the Romans built (Hadrian's Wall) to keep the Celts in the north at Hexham and Roman Town in England, where the original border was with Scotland. The current border was on the less impressive, yet still visible Antonine Wall which wasn't stone, but instead was earthen berms and wooden pallisade.

Kinda disappointed that he didn't get the Kelpies sculpture at Stirling/Falkirk in the video, or perhaps Neptune's ladder at Ft. William. Probably wouldn't let him hop back and forth across the Caledonian Canal on his bike too much. Other than Edinburgh castle, he's conspicuously away from castles. A lot of the stone structures were old British garrisons and WWII concrete emplacements.

Scotland is a BEAUTIFUL country. Like I said, I'd go back in a blink. Same to be said for Ireland.