Fuel prices

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I thought about stocking up too. Had most of a ton left, and no convenient place to store them all summer.

I will try to jam in all 5 tons in September.
I just have a bad feeling about anything that comes on a truck. Shipping is going to be stupid expensive with sur-charges.
Luckly, I have an empty Con-X box for storage after I got all summer implements for the tractor out.

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hummm sounds like an open door for somebody that has a pellet mill,, just sayin ;)
And maybe stock piling diesel might be a good idea too. Load it up with a stabilizer in a sealed 55 gallon drum,, wonders how that would work.. And the last time I had bell bottoms on was 1970, dress blues on a freedom bird back home. Funny I never wore any bells after that

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
When gassing up the car today, I noticed diesel is just under $6 per gallon.

Guess this is the first time in 20 years that I will get 10 gallons rather than 20...all that is left is what is in the tractors.

They say it's best to run on the top half of the tank when prices are going up, and the bottom half of the tank when prices are going down...but my tank is empty, so getting ten gallons equated to filling the bottom half of the tank...

I think I got that relationship right...LOL

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
While we've just gotten through winter, I'm greatly concerned about next home heating season.

All energy has gone up greatly. Natural gas up 400%, electric 200%, and now HHO and kero by 300% or so. Not sure where propane is, but I know trend is similar. (Trust me, not very technical math...just off the top of my noggin.)

Home heating oil and kerosene prices have followed diesel. HHO was $6.09/gal yesterday. Heard of kero over $7.

I used to figure a "normal" winter day was 5 gallons of HHO for my small house. We've burned pellets for years, but still have an oil-fired HWBB boiler system for backup.

Many rural folks here use HHO or kerosene to keep their houses warm. We don't have natural gas, except in some villages. Common consumption can be close to 1,000 gallons/year. Many of those rural folks are also poor.

Many folks are just getting by already. Can foresee bad woodstove installs by rookies, burning green wood, and the house fires that follow.

I don't like to pay $0.25/mile to drive my truck. Hate it.

That said, it doesn't kill me or my family like a house fire or carbon monoxide poisoning could......

This is bad, bad juju......😔☹
My house is heated with wood. Have 2 kero heater we use in the shoulder season. Wood for free used to be easy to come by. I keep about a 3 year rotation going and normally come spring I get a bunch of calls to come and get wood. Only one so far. Should be interesting. That 3 year rotation of logs gives them time to dry out before I buck and split. Most don't know enough to keep after a wood furnace and chimney or even what seasoned wood is. Should be very interesting to see what happens.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
not really, what the US does, does affect the world. The problem was avoidable on several fronts. So the stickers that pop up on the gas pumps are spot on.

strap in.
Nope. We influence the world but do not set fuel prices in every country. That’s ludicrous to even think that we control worldwide prices.

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Nope. We influence the world but do not set fuel prices in every country. That’s ludicrous to even think that we control worldwide prices.
dude, oil is traded in US dollars, what do you not get? Supply and demand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
dude, oil is traded in US dollars, what do you get? Supply and demand.
Yes it is. But supply and demand set the dollar prices. The US is producing RECORD quantities of oil this year and forecast for the next. Record means we have never produced this much before. But supply is still tight due yo lack of Russian oil.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
its actually down since 2019, what do you think caused that? :rolleyes:
you've been watching too much CNN

im out, enjoy.

Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
its actually down since 2019, what do you think caused that? :rolleyes:
you've been watching too much CNN

im out, enjoy.
Nothing to do with CNN. The forecast is for record production in 2022 and 23. Look at official statistics:

From the report:
  • “U.S. crude oil production in the forecast averages 11.9 million b/d in 2022, up 0.7 million b/d from 2021. We forecast that production will increase to more than 12.8 million b/d in 2023, surpassing the previous annual average record of 12.3 million b/d set in 2019. “

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I just have a bad feeling about anything that comes on a truck. Shipping is going to be stupid expensive with sur-charges.
Luckly, I have an empty Con-X box for storage after I got all summer implements for the tractor out.
A bad feeling for good reason........

I loaded up early (for me) last year also. Had most of the season's supply in September.

I really could use a conex, another garage/shop, or both......

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I know the post office is getting lots of extra business. My wife says it looks like Christmas time with all the packages they are delivering and they are bringing in extra people.

I'm assuming between the savings in shipping cost by using the post office and Amazon having a hard time, like everyone finding workers, that the post office is getting the extra packages.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Anot

More:

I think that we all understand your position and the need to dig for things to defend the current hell we are going thru. All we need to do is look at prices and availability of goods, then look at the tremendous losses in our funds. We are getting beyond a return to sanity.

Reactions: 3 users

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
not really, what the US does, does affect the world. The problem was avoidable on several fronts. The stickers that pop up on the gas pumps are spot on.

strap in.
View attachment 80326
Biden did not help but dude look at who tripled the money supply before Biden got in office. I thought this was a tractor site
1653071954045.png

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
And this ladies and gentlemen is why you never talk religion or politics

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
for the first time in several years the price of gas AND diesel is DOWN on a holiday weekend here in Hamilton,On ! It HAS to be the election coming up ? What other reason could it be ?
Don't mean to be political, just wondering WHY it's gone down ?

hmm.. probably 'bounce a bit'....go sky high by the 4th of July...

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I think that we all understand your position and the need to dig for things to defend the current hell we are going thru. All we need to do is look at prices and availability of goods, then look at the tremendous losses in our funds. We are getting beyond a return to sanity.
We have plenty of economic problems now with inflation. My only point is not to spread false information about petroleum production in the US. The facts are that production this year is a at near record high and next year planned to set a new record high. Yet people say we aren’t drilling and producing. That’s simply false. and based on political opinions rather than facts. There is no need to dig. Just Google US oil production 2022. There are lots of reasons for inflation now, some of which are the federal reserve’s easy money policy for over a decade.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I think a big part of the issue is oil and fuel exports. Before congress authorized exports, the price of fuel was based on US demand. Now it’s based on worldwide demand.