QH10 with box scraper issue

chelms24

Equipment
LX2610
May 18, 2022
Athens, TN
Hello,

I recently purchased an LX2610 with a Land Pride QH10 quick hitch, 60" rotary cutter, and 60" box scraper.

The QH10 works perfectly with the cutter, but when I try to hook up to the box scraper, I can only get 1 of the side pins to fully seat and lock into place. I have tried everything I can think of up to and including jumping up and down on the scraper to try and get it to seat fully but I think something must be out of whack.

I dont really see any adjustments that I can make on the land pride box scraper that might help.

Hoping someone hear may have an idea. This is my first tracker so im pretty much a newb when it comes to this stuff.

I will try to post some pictures later today.

Thanks in advance.

chelms24

Equipment
LX2610
May 18, 2022
Athens, TN
Hello,

I recently purchased an LX2610 with a Land Pride QH10 quick hitch, 60" rotary cutter, and 60" box scraper.

The QH10 works perfectly with the cutter, but when I try to hook up to the box scraper, I can only get 1 of the side pins to fully seat and lock into place. I have tried everything I can think of up to and including jumping up and down on the scraper to try and get it to seat fully but I think something must be out of whack.

I dont really see any adjustments that I can make on the land pride box scraper that might help.

Hoping someone hear may have an idea. This is my first tracker so im pretty much a newb when it comes to this stuff.

I will try to post some pictures later today.

Thanks in advance.
Here are some pics. I tried messing with it again this afternoon. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Attachments

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Could be the way it is sitting. If you lift it, what happens? If that doesn't make it seat, then my guess is the adjustable bottom link is a bit off. Try adjusting it higher/lower. I'm assuming the adjustable side is the one that isn't making contact.

Fwiw, I used to have a frustrating time with my rear blade. I found it was the way it sits greatly impacts the angle of the hookups. My grader/scraper and rotary cutter seem to be more flexible on hookup.

Reactions: 1 user

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Believe it or not and as improbable as it seems, the top link adjust and to some extent, the side link adjust too, can have a profound impact on that. I learned that the very hard way, and then when I added top and tilt cylinders, it was very much easy to replicate (and fiddle with to solve).

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I have the harbor freight one and my new box blade like yours had the same problem, I took my angle grinder to the quick hitch and it just slides on.

chelms24

Equipment
LX2610
May 18, 2022
Athens, TN
Could be the way it is sitting. If you lift it, what happens? If that doesn't make it seat, then my guess is the adjustable bottom link is a bit off. Try adjusting it higher/lower. I'm assuming the adjustable side is the one that isn't making contact.

Fwiw, I used to have a frustrating time with my rear blade. I found it was the way it sits greatly impacts the angle of the hookups. My grader/scraper and rotary cutter seem to be more flexible on hookup.
Yeah today I went and adjusted the top and side link so that everything was sitting nice and level, still no joy.... I may try and play with the adjustments some more.

chelms24

Equipment
LX2610
May 18, 2022
Athens, TN
I have the harbor freight one and my new box blade like yours had the same problem, I took my angle grinder to the quick hitch and it just slides on.
As much as I hate the idea of having to take a grinder to it, that may be my last resort. The weird thing is, I can get either side to latch, just not both at the same time.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Maybe the bracket warped when welded or assemble wrong/cut wrong. Measure from top mount to each side. It should be the same. If not, call the dealer.

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
As much as I hate the idea of having to take a grinder to it, that may be my last resort. The weird thing is, I can get either side to latch, just not both at the same time.
I would rather grind some to fit then not have the bottom links in double shear

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Either the QH was made to narrow or the Box Blade brackets are made too wide.
get a measurement on both.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a QH10 made too narrow.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
It seems to me that you need to determine if the problem stems from the pin not fitting into the slot, or if there's some sort of alignment issue.

I would pull the tractor away from the box, remove the pins from the box, and see if you can manually fit them into the slots. Try both pins in both slots, to maximize the amount of information your tests provide.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Have you tried picking up the 3 pt after backing in? It looks like the 'bad' pin is not fully seated in the QH 'pocket'. Perhaps picking up the BB will seat the pin, allowing the retainer 'wedge' to pop into place. In any case, it appears that the adjustable side link is too low.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
See if you can trade it back in for a QH15.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Forget about the tractor for 1 second. Remove the QH10.

Can you pick up the QH10 and place it into your implement by hand?

If so, then it's likely the adjustment of the tractor's lower link.

chelms24

Equipment
LX2610
May 18, 2022
Athens, TN
Thanks all. I believe I figured out the issue.
I did as suggested and took the quick hitch off the tractor and tried seating it on the box blade by hand. It still would not seat all the way so that told me it was either an issue with the BB or quick hitch.
So I went back inside and started reading through the manual for the BB. Looking at the assembly instructions, I'll be damned if they didn't assemble the BB incorrectly! They have the hitch braces installed on the outside of the hitch straps instead of inside as shown in the manual.
I didn't have any wrenches large enough to disassemble, so I went and picked some up tonight and will try and get it fixed tomorrow.
I'm 99% confident that this is the issue. Will report back once complete.
Thanks again everyone!

Reactions: 4 users

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Nice find on the hitch strap placement! I just looked in my own BB manual and those straps should be inside at the top.

Good luck! (y)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks all. I believe I figured out the issue.
I did as suggested and took the quick hitch off the tractor and tried seating it on the box blade by hand. It still would not seat all the way so that told me it was either an issue with the BB or quick hitch.
So I went back inside and started reading through the manual for the BB. Looking at the assembly instructions, I'll be damned if they didn't assemble the BB incorrectly! They have the hitch braces installed on the outside of the hitch straps instead of inside as shown in the manual.
I didn't have any wrenches large enough to disassemble, so I went and picked some up tonight and will try and get it fixed tomorrow.
I'm 99% confident that this is the issue. Will report back once complete.
Thanks again everyone!
Looking at your photos I don't see how it would make a difference to your situation.

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
Can't tell from the pics, but is the top pin bottomed in the hook or is there still room for it to drop down? I've had this happen when the adjustable top hook is one hole too high. Another reason I never buy non- adjustable anything for applications like this.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just for giggles, I would first try taking the bushing off the top link pin/bolt. It looks like it needs to seat down into the top hook another 1/4" or so.

The top hook is not adjustable?

Last edited:

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
chelms24: FWIW I noticed that my BB1254 is also assembled just like yours is, with the hitch straps on the outside of the connection point. After reading your post on discovering the assembly issue, I looked in my manual & it showed assembly to be inside the top connector. :unsure:

No problems with mine (no QH either) but I may have a QH in my future, so I'd like to see resolution in your case. On mine, it looks like the 'inside' attachment would require bushing adjustment/removal, we'll see.....