SW Pa
Man Im glad I lost all my guns in that boating accident on lake Erie

Reactions: 11 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I don't know anyone who does that. I do however know people who don' t practice regularly but who head out each year and wound animals. Lots of that going on.
I am not aware of wounding animals. When I get a shot at an elk, I’m careful to take my time a do a deliberate shot. A second shot is usually unnecessary. A glass bedded bolt action with a good scope will do groups at 100 yards that can be covered with a quarter.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Ive read the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and legal opinions of both. The second amendment doest have anything to do with hunting for food but rather hunting for Freedom.
Yep and all freedoms are not infinite. That’s called anarchy.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Exactly! There are incompetent idiots with bolt action rifles just as there are incompetent idiots with semi-auto rifles. The idea that someone who likes ARs is a "toy soldier" is just ignorant, on numerous levels.

To assume that anyone that owns and shoots an AR isn't capable of accuracy and precision with that firearm or other firearms is just moronic. Also, the idea that anyone that hunts with an AR is automatically going to break state law is also ridiculous.
Not all people who own and shoot ARs are toy soldiers, but all toy soldiers do own them and parade those guns around. They have established that reputation. And that’s what my original comment was focused on.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Yep and all freedoms are not infinite. That’s called anarchy.
Whats it called when a government restricts the rights of the law abiding many because of the illegal acts of a few????

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Whats it called when a government restricts the rights of the law abiding many because of the illegal acts of a few????
We all have restricted rights in everything. That’s called a civil society. We have speed limits, zoning laws, DUI laws, etc…. And states have long limited magazine capacities for hunters. You can have a 50 round magazine for plinking, but not while hunting.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
I had little green toy soldiers when I was a kid but none of them had ARs. When I grew up and Uncle Sam sent me a greetings letter I got an AR..😎

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
We all have restricted rights in everything. That’s called a civil society. We have speed limits, zoning laws, DUI laws, etc…. And states have long limited magazine capacities for hunters. You can have a 50 round magazine for plinking, but not while hunting.
Why do some states ban high compacity mags for non hunters?

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Why do some states ban high compacity mags for non hunters?
Hard to have a mass murder shooting with a ten shot magazine. That’s why some states ban high capacity magazines. This is especially true given that most of those people are not a marksman. They operate by rapid spraying of rounds.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Hard to have a mass murder shooting with a ten shot magazine. That’s why some states ban high capacity magazines. This is especially true given that most of those people are not a marksman. They operate by rapid spraying of rounds.
So if it’s only 10 people shot and killed, that’s not a mass murder in your eyes? What if the shooter had 2 10 round mags, would 20 dead be enough for you to consider it a mass? 30? 40?

Reactions: 3 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
A mass murderer simply gets around high cap mag bans by bringing more mags...duhh. meanwhile law abiding citizens cant buy hi cap mags.
These are the types of dumb laws that are born out of emotional responses not logic.

Reactions: 7 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
So if it’s only 10 people shot and killed, that’s not a mass murder in your eyes? What if the shooter had 2 10 round mags, would 20 dead be enough for you to consider it a mass? 30? 40?
I don’t follow your attack on my statement? The comment I replied to asked why states limit magazine capacities. I said it was because those states did that because it’s perceived to limit mass murders. And it does. Most of those types of people who do those things are not marksmen. They aren’t one kill per shot. Yes of course 10 murders is a mass murder. But an insane guy with a 50 round magazine is a whole lot more dangerous than an insane guy with 10 shots.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
A mass murderer simply gets around high cap mag bans by bringing more mags...duhh. meanwhile law abiding citizens cant buy hi cap mags.
These are the types of dumb laws that are born out of emotional responses not logic.
And that takes more time. This line of tit for tat is getting old. I don’t own any firearm with high capacity magazines and have no use for them. I’m tired of this discussion.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
To get back to the original reason for this thread...I can remember taking a rifle to school (1-1/2 hour ride on the school bus morning and afternoon) for a kind of show and tell back in the 50s. As did a lot of the guys I went to school with. No one blinked an eye. Don't believe a kid would get very far trying to pack a rifle on a bus and to school today. And starting day of deer season quite a few of the kids (and some of the teachers) were AWOL.

Times have sure changed.

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
And that takes more time. This line of tit for tat is getting old. I don’t own any firearm with high capacity magazines and have no use for them. I’m tired of this discussion.
16 post defending an opinion one one subject would tire me out also! ;)

muddhogg

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT, Ford 3910
May 20, 2018
GA
So many people in this thread that hate freedom…sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
To get back to the original reason for this thread...I can remember taking a rifle to school (1-1/2 hour ride on the school bus morning and afternoon) for a kind of show and tell back in the 50s. As did a lot of the guys I went to school with. No one blinked an eye. Don't believe a kid would get very far trying to pack a rifle on a bus and to school today. And starting day of deer season quite a few of the kids (and some of the teachers) were AWOL.

Times have sure changed.
Schools around here still have lots of student and faculty absences during the first week of deer and elk seasons. 😉

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I don't have any anymore.

In high school I bought a new Marlin 25MN, and after I graduated & moved out, I used it to feed myself many, many times. Actually wore it out but even wore out it was still accurate. Traded it for a half cord of firewood, and winter wasn't that cold so I didn't use as much as I though and traded the remainder of the wood for a Remington 870 wingmaster youth 20g. Hunted plenty of ducks with it, then a guy I worked with at the time wanted a shotgun and traded me a Henry .22 WMR, which I loved. Let my brother borrow it in 2016 so he could go squirrel hunting and never saw it since.

Spent my youth shooting long range with .22lr and did quite well in different tournaments. But now that I'm aging more, I really have no need thus I ain't bought anything in forever.

But yes, things have changed. If you own a gun nowadays, you're frowned upon by some, considered a murderer possibly, an outlaw, outcast, and generally make people uncomfortable if they're over to visit and they know you got one in the house somewhere. Or worse yet on you. Don't ask don't tell, simple. And, with the way our leaders sometimes portray gun owners, I'd be surprised if they don't put you on some kind of watch list if you admit to owning or possessing.

And, I know it's getting political and I'll add my $.02 and done. Any tax or law that limits who can own, or any tax that it designed to make it more expensive so fewer will buy, it exactly an infrigement. It don't gotta be firearms it could be anything, and for that--using that tactic--should be visited by leaders who value freedom.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Anyone here ever get a visit from ATF who were investigating a gun you owned in the past? In Maine you can private party sell a gun to another Maine resident without an FFL or special permits. I sold a Tec9 to a guy who was a Sherrif. 3 years later atf came to me wanting to know who i sold this particular gun to. I had the guys name and address and passed it on. Turns out that gun passed through a few hands after me, was then stolen from a gun shop and used in a crime. ATF was skiptracing every owner of the gun since new.